Home Buying in Mims>Question Details

Cheryle J Sm…, Home Buyer in Titusville, FL

We have been looking at property listed on Trulia but the listing agent said they know nothing about the listing. Are some listings just a hoax?

Asked by Cheryle J Smith, Titusville, FL Mon Jan 28, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3105654359-2342-Turpentine-Rd…

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Mims

Good morning, I did see that it is listed with a real estate office as of 1/27/13 but it is not on the mls yet. The reason being, they must have just gotten the listing and have not had the chance to input the information in the system yet. I also found some other properties on the same street as well. If you are currently not working with a realtor, I would be happy to help you with this home or another property.

Feel free to call me at 321-806-9121

Janet Brown
Exit1st Class Realty
Multi-Million Dollar Producer
Accredited Luxury Home Specialist
Hero Home Source - Employee Benefits Director
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 28, 2013
Step 1 - Find a real estate agent of your choice.
Step 2 - Go and take a look at the property. It's a homepath property and almost certainly on lockbox.
Step 3 - If you like it, make an offer.

Weird stuff happens with foreclosures, but since it's in the Homepath system, you should be able to make an offer regardless of what's going on with the listing agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 28, 2013
Yep, some are.
Just got a call regarding 'my listing' which never existed.
"Let's find what meets your needs and is really for sale." is the best response.
Too often the consumer does not realize aggregate websites are for entertainment purposes. The data displayed on Trulia does not come from the MLS. The data they do display is spindled, folded, stapled and mutilate to suit the website owner. If you are a serious buyer, you need to graduate to serious tools. Call a d Titusville FL real estate professional, who has responded here, and have them provide you a portal to the local MLS. When you are connected to the real data you won't be chasing the illusion of homes for sale of the vapors of home sold long ago.....and there won't be any 'hoax' listing.
You need to call.
Don't use that 'contact' link.
Don't use Trulia email.
Go old school and call,
if you are serious.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
Trulia and Zillow are great resources for lots of real estate information, and I recommend that you use various sites to gather a wealth of information. The only site that is directly linked to the multiple listing service (which is updated in real time) is realtor.com, which is updated every night. This is the only national site that is directly linked the the local real estate associations. Many times agent's websites are also directly linked to their local mls systems. Using all of these tools available to you is a great way to educate yourself about the market. However, use these sites in collaboration with your agent, as your agent can help you separate fact from fiction. If you are a buyer, an agent doesn't cost you anything. The only thing you owe your agent is loyalty and honesty--don't agent-hop.

Myke Triebold
Some listings may be incorrect or out-of-date....1 good reason for hiring a Realtor to assist you with the purchase of your new property.
I'd be happy to assist you with this property. Please let me know if you need further information or would be interested in this or any other property.
Phil Rotondo, Realtor
ERA Showcase Properties and Investments
Mims, Fl.
Trulia is the MLS and is not governed by Realtor.com. Trulia is not a hoax, they are just not the market. Working with a Realtor and utilizing the tools they provide you will give you Real Time Data of the Market.

Best of Luck
Web Reference: http://www.GetSoldOKC.com
Trulia, Zillow and other sites are unfortunately full of old outdated information as well as property tax records of properties not on the market for sale. This doesn't mean these type of sites are worthless in fact they offer consumers a lot of valuable information however mixed in with it is lots of outdated property info. (On many occasions the reason consumers get this info is that they do not set up their search properly to begin with and specify active listings only,.)

Your best source of accurate information will always be a local agent and you can look for these on Trulia as well under Find a Pro. I've attached a link below to one of the most popular blogs I've ever posted on how to find a great agent regardless of where you're looking; I hope it helps you.

I wish you all the best and happy house hunting.
This happens often. Trulia is a third party vender and this happens on a regular basis. You need to get your information from the source and that would be the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) You can visit our site as we are directly connected to the MLS because we are Realtors and we have all the listing available in the MLS. Here is the site: http://BrevardMLSsearch.com
Best Wishes,
Larry Fleckinger
HouseMax Pro Realty
Thank you so much for your explanation. It's a shame it happens like that. Also thank you for the site. I will only use that one from now on.
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013