Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

clarenceessl…, Home Seller in Las Vegas, NV

We have a timeshare at Polo Towers in las Vegas, which we would like to sell. we are from British Columbia and no longer have a need for it.

Asked by clarenceesslinger, Las Vegas, NV Sat Sep 29, 2012

does your firm sell time shares?

Clarence at clarenceesslinger@gmail.com

Answers

8
I have had good luck with redweek.com. Timeshares are NOT great investments

David Cooper Investor 702-499-7037
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
There are a number of companies that re-sell time share here in NV; however have you tried Craigslist ? I know a number of people that have picked up weeks that way. Post it in a number of places in Canadian Cities. Or just google "timeshare resellers" or "I want to sell a timeshare". Contact Polo Towers, maybe they have a waiting list or will make you an offer themselves. Once you get into it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that you'll have a lot of offers, however, most of them will be pretty low... Are you sure you couldn't trade the time thru RCI or Interval International and go someplace you'd enjoy? Reselling timeshare is always a losing proposition. The last time I went to my timeshare, they were selling weeks for the price of the maintenance fee - $742.00, couldn't believe it. Good Luck!

Joan Bennett, Keller Williams of So. NV
702-219-9582
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
As everyone suggested it is not easy to re-sell time shares. I would suggest go and check out this website and see if they can help you http://www.sellmytimesharenow.com
They should give you a better idea of value and the difficulty of selling it.

Endre Barath,Jr.
Prudential California Realty
Beverly Hills, CA
310.486.1002
homes@endrebarath.com
Web Reference: http://www.endrebarath.com
Sorry we do not sell. I uggest you list on Craigs list s
Good day Clarence,
Bad news follows. Get out your tissues.
Time Shares secured by a deed are considered real property in the State of Nevada. If you are employing a person to sell the property for you, they must be licensed by the Division of Real estate as a Nevada Licensee.
An individual can sell their own deeded real estate (time share) without a license as a "For Sale by Owner". You cannot sell anybody else's without a license. If the property is in Nevada, you must have a Nevada state real estate license to sell a deeded property that you are not the owner. An attorney may sell another person's property, without a real estate license, if it is in the course of his other duties acting as a attorney for his client. (NRS 645).

Older Timeshare property may be conveyed with a deed that was received when you purchased it.
Other Timeshare is a point system. Ownership in that system may be a deed securing the point value.

Newer Timeshare programs are used where the owner owns nothing, zipo, nada.. They purchase a right to use, and points assigned, depending on the amount of money extorted out of the Buyer when they first purchase. This is like a gym membership. Have fun buying and selling points. No need to worry if you do not purchase enough points. The system allows to you purchase more points at a perceived value later to keep you doing the things you want at enormous carrying costs.

The real issue is that there is absolutely no resale demand for timeshare property. Look on the WEB for individuals selling their timeshares. You can get them almost free. Check E-bay and Craig's list.

There are companies throughout the country/world that promise to sell your timeshare with upfront fees. They get the upfront fee because they need to get paid when the timeshare does not sell. I suggest you look for a company that will sell it without an upfront fee. Anyone you choose to work with should get paid when it sells. Just like I do for selling property. I call it a success fee. If I am not successful in what I do, I do not get paid. If a person/company needs to get paid before they do the task, go somewhere else.

The real question is what to do with it. Some ideas:
You may want to contact Polo Towers and ask if they have a rental program to mitigate some of the cost.
Give it to charity (if they will take it).
Work with the Polo Towers to take it back so you do not need to pay the fees.
Rent it out if allowed by the Polo Towers.
Come to Las Vegas once a year and try to make up for the expense in the Casinos.
Give it away. I have a timeshare that was given to me. I don't speak to him anymore. It has been more than 8 years.
If you stop paying the fees, the PT will eventually take it back and you are still liable for fees and costs. That option will cost you a lot of money and a bad report to credit Agencies. (Not advisable).

I hope this was helpful. Let us know what you decide to do. It is always good to hear back from people when they decide what to do. I wish you well.

Final word: Do not, NEVER EVER....sign the property to another without them agreeing to pay the fees in writing. Many people sign the property to a company hoping to sell it. The company controls the property and you are stuck with the fee.

New Web Sites:

http://www.SHORTSELL4FREE.INFO

Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

BTW: My firm does not sell Timeshares. I excell in completing short sales and investment homes.

Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES)
REO-BPO Certified
GRI, ABR, SRES, CNHS, PM, CCI
Realty One Group
10750 W. Charleston #180
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Direct 702-242-1372
Fax: 866-286-2099
E-Mail: crssteven@teamgoldman.info
http://www.teamgoldman.info
I wish I could help. Timeshares are hard to sell and I don't know of any one who handles them. I will ask around.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
ShortSaleGeni@yahoo.com
You can try to sell it on Ebay. Timeshare usually cost a tremendous amount and selling the timeshare brings very little. I do see these items for sale on Ebay and that might help you.
TIME SHARES are not a Real Estate transaction:
Realtors do not handle Time Shares.
If Realtors don't handle them, why is a real estate license required?
Maybe you should check your facts Ron. This is the problem with companies like Trulia allowing agents, brokers to pay for VIP status without knowledge.
A real estate license is required to sell a timeshare on behalf of someone else in Nevada and CA. Maybe Ron does NOT know that it requires a real estate license to become a Realtor! The term "Realtor" merely means you paid a fee to the National Association of Realtors to use the "R" or say you are a "Realtor". Realtors are NOT always that smart as you can see from the comments above.
Flag Thu Jun 20, 2013