Home Buying in Hudson>Question Details

joe, Home Buyer in Hudson, MA

We had an accepted offer, we went through 3 grueling weeks of negotiation, we lifted our contingency and finally have a signed P&S.

Asked by joe, Hudson, MA Sat Oct 29, 2011

The financial officer works for the same company, different office than the sellers broker. Our loan was approved with no problems, we gave our good faith check. A work colleague, also in the market looking for a home, coincidentally came across the house. He was talking about going to see "a" cool house this weekend, but was concerned because the broker had told him she wasn't supposed to show it, because there was an offer, but she was sure it was going to fall through. When he pulled it up on the laptop, I was shocked! He told me he was also nervous because in some sites its listed as 3800 sf and others as 3000 - AND ITS STILL FOR RENT! (The house has been empty since April). Sure I be worried? Can the realtor show the house? Can they still accept offers?

Answers

2
Joe,
If you have a contract that is fully signed by all parties, then the listing should show Pending or Under Contract to reflect your status. Any subsequent showings should only be in a "back up" position in case yours falls through.
One agent in the same office saying, they were sure it was going to fall through may be just trying to secure the relationship with your friend to gain a client. I don't think this is a good practice and it should backfire on them.
Ask your agent to follow up on the status and do all you can to secure your financing.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011
The potential for problems is enormous!
Nowhere in your question, do you mention YOUR Agent: You do have your own Agent, correct?
Whether you have your own agent or not; I would make an appointment with the LISTING BROKEN and have a talk. You might even threaten him with a complaint to the MLS.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011