Home Buying in Holiday>Question Details

Kyluh, Home Buyer in 24279

We found a house we love in the Key Vista subdivision of Holiday. Although we were initially looking at

Asked by Kyluh, 24279 Sun Aug 9, 2009

Tarpon Springs, this house seems perfect. I have read some less than desirable things about Holiday though....any info??

Answers

4
Joseph Zajkowski’s answer
Hello Kyluh..
I have lived in Holiday for the last 11 years and I have been a Florida resident for about 35 years so I believe that I am qualified to answer your question..
Holiday is a small town, like most other small towns across the country... You have some nice areas and you have some not so nice areas.. In the North East part of Holiday, Key Vista and Gulf Trace are newer developements and are the "NICER" areas of Holiday.. These subdivisions were developed in the 90's with Key Vista, being a collection of Gated communities, is still being developed today..... I live in Forest Hills, which is the South East part of Holiday and it was developed in the 60's and 70's... The Anclote River runs through Forest Hills on it's way to Tarpon Springs then out to the open Gulf Of Mexico and one of the reasons that I bought a house here is that the Gulf Access Waterfront is affordable.. There are sections of Forest Hills that have a concentration of "Rental" properties and these tend to be more run down and less desireable... Holiday also has a few Mobile Home areas ... some are nice and full of SNOW BIRDS that come down for the winter from the frozen north.. Some mobile areas are old and run down. This is why it is so important for you to hire a local agent that knows the area, knows the waterfront and could help you find what you are looking for ..... Keep in mind that Buyers usually do not pay any real estate fees, the fees are paid by the Seller.... It costs you nothing to hire a professional to help you with your home search and to help you avoid the things that you find undesireable.... The newer developments are usually "Deed Restricted" which means that the integrity of the neighborhood is maintained.... Check out my website page http://www.floridarealestateconnection.com/Holiday for a brief description of Holiday... Don't forget that mortgage money is very tight right now and one of the first things that you need to do is get Pre-Approved for a Mortgage, unless you intend to buy with cash.... Feel free to contact me or any other REALTOR® in the Holiday area, before you do anything else... Good Luck.. Joe Ski Joseph Zajkowski, Holida Florida.. Futute Home Realty..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 9, 2009
Except for the former SuperFund site of the Stouffer Chemical Plant, Holiday is a lovely little town. I would not buy a home in Holiday if it was $1.

Read the following article to find out why I feel this way: http://www.tampabay.com/news/environment/article1013828.ece

And if you need a Realtor that won't buy into a commission before they stop and think about it, call me. There are many beautiful areas in Pasco and Pinellas counties without having the local LOVE CANAL nearby.

Kevin and Sue Horan - Horan Realty Group - 727-967-1756
Hi: I have lived in Key Vista since 2003 and love this neighborhood. We have security with the gate and we are close to Anclote Park, Key Vista Park, the boat ramp and great fishing Pier. Quick trip to Tarpon out the back gate and the back road. Sunsets are beautiful and we have a gorgeous clubhouse. There are some great buys right now!
Hi Kyluh.

Key Vista is a nice subdivision in Holiday.

You can check out the subdivision activity with the Pasco Sheriff's office at their website:

http://www.pascosheriff.com/webapps/cadweb3.pgm

It's under "SubDivision." You can choose "Key Vista" under "SubDivision" to find out.

~ Lana