Home Buying in Revere>Question Details

Booboos15, Home Buyer in Raynham, MA

We found a house and signed the offer to purchase, as so did the sellers. We proceeded with the appraisal and singed the P&S and gave our

Asked by Booboos15, Raynham, MA Mon Mar 29, 2010

deposit of 10,000. The owners then decided the did not want to sign the P&S and wanted to go with another buyer. They have not signed any release and have not offered to compensate us for the home inspection. What is our legal recourse???

Help the community by answering this question:


Presumably, you were working with an attorney to put together the P&S ... if you stayed within the terms of the offer ... if would seem you have a very strong case. Have you signed a release requestig your deposit back? Who was holding the escrow? Where is your agent in all of this?

As previously suggested, get your attorney to help you with this ... your agent too. They would both have a vested interest in getting this resolved propertly.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 15, 2011
For accurate legal advice pertaining to your situation, you need to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate sooner rather than later.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 3, 2010
I recommend that you consult with a real estate attorney as soon as possible. You may be able to sue for damages or sue for performance of the sales contract if you did not break the terms of the agreement.
Web Reference: http://massnorth.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 2, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer