Jen, Home Buyer in 33778

We'd like to buy a condo close to the gulf. We are mid-30s (Canadians) and many communities are 55 . Any ideas where to focus our search?

Asked by Jen, 33778 Wed Aug 8, 2012

Answers

12
i am also canadian try cape coral google cape coral and see what a treasure it is...best kept secret in florida

i ...
Have you looked on the inter coastal in Largo. We discovered this great area, Imperial Point, on Regal Dr. Great units with no age restricitions, 2 pools, boat and fishing peir, boat ramp, everything one could want, very reasonably priced and you are on the water. 3 minutes to the beach, Zip 33774
If you are interested in a turnkey furnished condo, have a great one in Palmetto, Fl. Close to beaches, I 75 & I 275, Sunshine Skyway, less than 2 hrs from Disney World. Gated community with dock on Tampa Bay. Check out http://www.beverlyvarnadore.com. Address is 2320 Terra Ceia Bay Blvd. Palmetto, Fl 34221
There are homes all along the coast for any age and 55+.

Most 55+ communities have a lower HOA fee. but there are all age communities all along the coast.

It will also depend on if you want to rent it out when you are not using it. Some condos have minimum rentals for 1-7 days, some 30 others 90 or annual lease only.

I have sold properties to Canadians on the beach and it all depends on what you are looking for.

Please also remember to watch the HOA fee.

Second home financing is also difficult , however Homebanc is wonderful for this. Closed every loan for me whenever I used them!

Clearwater beach is very busy! People walking around all the time . Mostly the younger croud up there. During Spring Break it is overwhelmingly busy, lots of traffic...

Although the entire coast gets busier during Spring Break its is not as bad in some areas.

As you head South To Sand key and Indian Rocks, the Gulf side is great and quite but not many stores or activities around to just walk to.

If you keep heading south to Redington Beach it gets a little slower and the crowd is older..

Treasure Island and St Pete beach are active again and very lively. But not near as busy and crowded as Clearwater Beach.

The beaches with the most PUBLIC access are the most crowded,, as well as the areas where there are lots of stores to walk to.

If you want you can call me any time and I can help you narrow your searcha nd we can go house HUNTING!!! YAHOO

Take Care
maryann 727-709-2374
Century 21 Coast to Coast
Hi Jen,

We love Dunedin and surrounding area. I put together this web page so you can get a feel for our community. http://dunedinhomes4sale.com/?page_id=20

Video of the area: http://consumerrelocationservices.com/Clients/MettsPin.html

Search non 55+ through our searchable website http://mettsgroup.kwrealty.com/

Hope this all helps. Feel free to contact me at 727-418-5224.
Metts Group @ Keller Williams Realty
35095 US 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Flag Mon Aug 13, 2012
Hi Jen,

I am originally from the northeast and we settled on Pinellas County- the most beautiful beaches in the world. I cover from Tarpon Springs down to St. Pete Beach. I have worked with several clients from Canada.

As an international Buyer here are a few topics to cover:

1. Financing- if this is going to be a second home or vacation home and you work in Canada, financing may be an obstacle. Check out RBC Royal Bank of Canada. They have 3 local branches here in Largo, Seminole and Tampa.

2. If you are paying cash check out Moneycorp Inc. for transferring funds internationally. Their costs are usually much lower than the banks. You can contact Corey Gregory (tell him I sent you). They are located at:

7380 Sand Lake Road Suite 410
Orlando Florida 32819

TEL: +1 407 352 5890

CELL: +1 407 432 3995

FAX: +1 407 352 5893

Corey.Gregory@moneycorp.com

http://www.moneycorp.com

3. Before you sell property in the USA you will need a tax id #. Thomas Roberge & Co is a US International Tax & Accounting company right here in St. Pete. They are a wealth of information on what you will need and how to do it. Thomas Roberge contact info is : Troberge@robergeco.com or
+1 727 822 9393

4. Choose a full time professional Realtor to assist you with your purchase. Go over your needs, price range, life style you are looking for and let them put together a custom search. This way you will have a good idea of what you like, where you want to be and what you want to see before you get here. I obviously am partial to where we live. Clearwater Beach, Honeymoon Island & Caledesi along with St. Pete beach always rank in the top for beaches around the world and all 4 are right here.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
http://www.FromCavesToCastles.com
VIEW PROPERTIES ON YOUR SMART PHONE
TEXT "PAMELA" TO 727-213-5142
Jen,
All good answers below. Why do you want to be close to the gulf? Fishing, Sailing, beach or just a view? Based on that you should tailor your search. There are non -55 + communities all over the coastline. I love South West Florida. Let me know if I can help you.
Hope yo find the perfect location for you.
Genevieve Ramachandran
Jen,
It looks like you have gotten a few good answers here. I would like to help out a little bit more though. I can set you up on a personalized search website that is linked to the MLS that will send you listings that meet your criteria. I can filter out any that are in age restricted communities. There is no fee for the website. It is directly linked to the MLS system so as soon as a new property comes on the market that meets your criteria you will be notified. Please feel free to shoot me a quick email to let me know what your criteria is and I can get the site up and running!

Zachary Strong
REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
zachary.strong@floridamoves.com
cell/text: 727-386-6832
Hi Jen,
Yes, your search can be challenging ,but by choosing a local Realtor to help you,you can be successful in your search. Years of experiance has taught us which complexes are not age restricted and some that are age restricted may have a building or so that is not age restricted.
Denise Ennis
R Biz Realty
727-587-0485
Jen,
You will find great locations with Big Water Views from Fort Myers to Palm Harbor. You will find your ability to sort the 55+ from the all ages communities is greatly improved when you leave these aggregate websites and complete your searches using resources more aligned with serious buyers.

Any of the agents responding will provide you access to the local multiple listing service that allows you the ability to select age qualified housing.

http://www.RealEstateMadeEZ.us

For those who have diverse interests that include activities that are not beach centric, often find locations that are near the beach but provide extensive access to bike and hikeing trails, area parks under a canopy of oaks and pines, shopping, art(s) centric, museums and the like create a better environment for them to thrive. Your real estate professional will be able to match your desired way of life the the locations offering the best options.

Consider Dunedin FL (34698) Palm Harbor, FL (34684) and Clearwater, Fl (33761) as candidates for those who embrace a lifestyle of diversified activity.
-
If you are serious about buying please call.
Don't use the 'contact' link.
Don't use the Trulia email.
If you are serious, call.
-
Best of success in find you Gulf of Mexico condo.
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://www.RealEstateMadeEZ.us
We have some amazing condo's in the Clearwater, Sandkey, Indian Rocks Beach area that are must see's if you want views of the gulf and inter-coastal.

Feel free to contact me at

ReMax ACR Elite
727-408-0770
Marco Sokell
Here in the Fort Myers, Fl area, we have many condos close to the gulf that are not age restricted. I would love to help you find one
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
239-560-4159
http://www.SouthFortMyersDreamHomes.com