Home Buying in Myrtle Beach>Question Details

Gwentholey, Home Buyer in Norristown, PA

We currently live in PA but are trying to relocate to the Myrtle Beach, SC area. How can a find a realtor who would be willing to help us?

Asked by Gwentholey, Norristown, PA Mon Mar 25, 2013

I want to find someone who would be willing to take the time since we are out of state and would be able to get a feel for what we are looking for and perhaps has helped out of state buyers in the past.

Answers

27
Russ Richardson’s answer
Do you have any ideas of a specific of Myrtle Beach? Depending on the area, I think some agents are more knowledgeable and helpful than others. I would suggest that you search for an agent that has an extensive background in your specific search area. Make sure you select an agent that has your best interest as a top priority.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 26, 2013
I would think that almost every realtor here has experience working with clients from out of state. I would suggest you speak with a few realtors by phone and try to get a feel for what they are willing to do to help you. My wife and I work as a team and take pride in doing exactly what you say you are wanting someone to do. We try to match your lifestyle desires with the properties and lifestyle is so important here.
Feel free to call or email us and we can discuss the criteria for your perfect place here.
Dan Kingsmore
843 421 8218
dkingsmore@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent.

Best of luck!
Hi, I am also from PA and have been in your shoes doing the same thing. I would be glad to help you, with information on the area .
I can send you information on homes to look at ahead of time if you like, I would love the opportunity to talk to you and get to know what you are looking for,

I can't wait to share with you all the area has to offer and see if I can help in any way I can.
I know its scary moving to a new area, but I will be here to help the transition in any way I can.

Look forward to hearing from you an helping you move forward on your relocation.

Kindly,
Kim Hoff
SC Real Estate Network
717-418-9691
kim@screalestatenetwork.com
Originally from PA I have lived and worked, with extensive knowledge of the Myrtle Beach area, over 25 years. As a personal professional realtor I have helped many relocate from the Northeast and would be happy to work with you to find the "perfect fit" for you and your family. I look forward to meeting you.

Beverly Kradel
Dockside Realty
phone: 843-455-6556
e-mail: bkradel@sc.rr.com
website: http://www.beverlykradel.com
Every deal I have worked on has been Out of State with the exception of one. I am more than happy to provide references. I have worked with both Buyers & Sellers Out of State. Please call me at 843.455.3273 or email me at .... Tracey@screalestatenetwork.com and I will put in touch with my clients. Thank you and have a great day :o)
Gwen, Having lived in Pennsylvania ourselves, I would first like to suggest that you're in for a nice surprise when you start home shopping in the Grand Strand. Home prices and especially tax rates tend to be much nicer here than in PA (compared to Erie & Pittsburgh)! My husband and I work as a team to maximize your resources in your home search. Searching for and buying a new home should be fun. Doing that from a far-away location can be stressful. We would love to help you find your dream home at the beach!

Bill & Sharon Hinds
Century 21 Broadhurst
billandsharon@century21broadhurst.com
814.602.6688 Bill
814.602.5278 Sharon
I suggest you follow what homebuyers are telling you. They have had personal experience with the brokers they dealt with. Once again, good luck.
We are currently working with an agent in SC and we are from NJ. He has been extremely helpful and takes his time to find out about you and your family. If you are interested in talking to him please provide me with contact info and I will forward it to our agent. We have been working with him since Jan. and he is awesome going this weekend to hopefully make a decision.

Debbie
I have moved to Myrtle Beach, from Long Island, NY last summer. I very highly recommend Barbara Heller from Southern ReMax at (843) 995-3684. I locate a home after combing through Trulia, Zillow and Realtor. I called her from NY in the evening and the next morning she posted an email with 50 photos of the house. I had been shopping for several years and every time I came to Myrtle, Barbara
would show me houses. She knew what I was looking for.
At the time I found this house, I had just returned to NY. Not bad luck for me. Barbara did all the paperwork, faxed and took care of inspections for me. I should say the home was a foreclosure. My bid did win, and I was not the only bidder. Barbara guided me through the process and I'm here and very happy. NO REGRETS and No snow (just a sprinkle that melted).
She is kind and so very helpful, I was not present at the closing (the date was switched), but Barbara took care of everything. I could not recommend her any higher.
Good luck, and hopefully, WELCOME!!!
I have lived in this area for over 20 years, worked in the golf and hospitality industry and have served as an Ambassador with the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. I really am not sure you can find another realtor with more area knowledge. Most of our clients come from out of state.
Call me or email me your thoughts and plans.
Ginny Whipple
Dockside Realty Company
http://www.ginny.docksiderealtycompany.com
843.455.8488
ginnywhip@yahoo.com
A good place to start would be here on Trulia under the Find a Pro tab at the top of the page.

Be prepared to interview a number. I've attached a link below on what you should be looking for.

Good luck. and Happy house hunting.
Selecting the right agent can be daunting, for my Ratings & Reviews from prior clients please click here:
http://www.zillow.com/profile/Bill-Charlson/

You will find I am very commitment to customer service and willingly to use all my expertise to do "above and beyond" due diligence on your behalf for the purchase of a home in Myrtle Beach.
I look forward hearing from you and obtaining the very best value possible for you.

Bill Charlson
LegendsRealEstate@gmail.com
800-503-9901
I just bought a vacation home in Myrtle Beach and I live in North Carolina. My agent was Vance Donkle with King One Properties. I couldn't have asked for a better agent. He grew up in Myrtle Beach so he knows what areas are the best. We are very pleased with our new home and look forward to enjoying it for many years to come.
Congratulations on your decision to move to Myrtle Beach! Most of our clients are from out of state and it boils down to who you feel most comfortable with. I'd love the opportunity to talk with you further to explore what you looking for in your new Myrtle Beach home.

Andrea Jones
Re/max Ocean Forest
704-905-2757
http://Www.andreajones.remax.com
I'd be more than happy to hold your hand through the entire process. I relocated from D.C. 12 years ago. Feel free to email me at BuyWithJennifer@aol.com or call me at 843.217.1950 .

Jennifer Watts, Realtor
Buyers and Sellers Agent
Dockside Realty
http://jwatts.docksiderealtycompany.com
Hello: There are a lot of great Realtors in the Myrtle Beach area. Give a few a call and see who you click with the best. Ask a lot of questions and see which Realtor knows the most about the part of Myrtle Beach that you want to live. My partner and I live and specialize in the south end of the Grand Strand, including Murrells Inlet, Surfside Beach, Litchfield Beach and Pawleys Island. Give me a call if you might be interested in any of these areas.

Barbara Irvin
Dockside Realty
scbarb100@gmail.com
843-267-9232

You can check out my website at: http://www.MyrtleBeachHomes4U.net
Expect to hear from many of the 2000 licensees here. I began in real estate full-time in 1988 and have helped many people do the same. I with the help of my Remax team take care of all the details from financing prequalification at the outset to helping with attorney closing, insurance, utilities, and everything you need to get moved in. In the meantime by finding out what sort of property you require I can get listings sent to you as soon as they go on the market automatically. Many of us in this business for any length of time have buyers just waiting for the right property. The best ones go very fast so your advantage is to get them the minute they go on the market. You only need one, competent Realtor and I promise you will not be just a number if you choose me. Don Clark 843.457.7339 and topper51@hotmail.com
Gwentholy,
I Relocated from up North myself & would be happy to assist. You have many Realtors who would be willing to help you however you may want to speak to a few before you make a decision. I am a full time Realtor & Was with Century 21 Alliance in the PA & NJ markets before I moved here. Please feel free to email or call me directly.
Cordially,
Christine House
Christine@century21broadhurst.com
609-339-0916
843-215-6831
Web Reference: http://ChristineHouse.com
Finding a realtor you feel comfortable with is a great place to start! I have helped many people relocate to our area. You can start by visiting my website at http://www.suelucas.com and click on the reports tab for some quick info on the area. The next thing I would do is have a phone conversation with you about your wants and needs, community desires, home styles etc... Feel free to contact me with any questions.
I would be glad to work with you. We lived in Norristown for many years. It can be tough coming to a new area trying to figure out where to live. I deal with out of state buyers as regular clients and as investors. I would love to help you if you would allow me. Liz Smeltz, Real Living At The Beach 843-504-6888. llsmeltz@msn.com You will love living here!!! It would be my pleasure to help you find your place. I can start immediately sending you information if I know what you want-house, condo, etc, how many bedrooms, and what price point you want.

Good luck to you and if I may help you, please let me know.
Hi Gwen,

Being that Myrtle Beach is a tourist area a majority of our business is from out of state. In fact over 70 per cent of my personal business if from another state. I know the concerns you have, tax issues, the area, schools, medical facilities and etc... I would be happy to speak with you at your convenience and cover what we do in buyers representation. There is much to cover and we both will need approximately 20 to thirty minutes each to be able to cover everything initially. Please telephone me at 910-207-2948 or email me at myrealtorkip@gmail.com which ever you prefer and we will schedule an initial interview and maybe could even do it on the initial call. When you call if I am unable to take your call please leave me a message and I will return your call as soon as I am free, Thanks for the opportunity. BTW what is it that has attracted you to the Grand Strand area over all of the other places to be? As for me I like calling Carolina home!
You will certainly find lots of agents with those qualifications here in Myrtle Beach. Most consider it their job to educate the buyer on the various lifestyles that the Grand Strand Area offers.
The Kingsmore Team is a Husband/Wife team that prides itself in doing just what you described as what you are looking for.
Just call us and we will assure you that you get a good introduction to the area and suggestions on specific communities that can meet your needs.
Dan Kingsmore
843 421 8218
dkingsmore@kw.com
You need someone that will be interested in you, your requirements, and wish list. I have helped many from out of the area settle here. You can get an idea from this page on my website:

http://rakoci.com/myrtle-beach-real-estate-testimonials/

I lived in PA for a long time, the other side of the state and have never looked back.

John
Gwentholey I would love the opportunity to help you. I have worked with multiple clients in your situation in the past. Please fell free to contact me and we can discuss your needs. Thanks

Jonathan Talbot
(843) 450-5158
jonathanbtalbot@gmail.com
I have worked with several buyers from out of state and would be happy to help you!

Brittany Brewer-Foy
Coldwell Banker Chicora
Phone: 843-685-3969
Email: brittanybrewer@chicora.net
Hi Gwenoth,

Im Melissa Fedock from Re/Max Southern Shores. I would be more then happy to help you find a home here in Myrtle Beach. I too reclocated from Long Island so I know how you feel. Please feel free to contact me at 843-421-7767 or email me at melissafedock@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.