Cari, Home Buyer in Santa Fe Springs, CA

We closed our home on may 20th and I now see my house on another website to go up for auction? What should I do?

Asked by Cari, Santa Fe Springs, CA Wed Jun 9, 2010

it was short sale and already have all the paperwork so should I be worried?

Answers

3
If you closed escrow on May 20th, the previous lender should have been paid. There are many websites that have outdated information and it is possible this may be the case. You may want to contact the agent that helped you purchase the property to be sure as well as contacting your current lender.
If the property is in fact up for auction, contact the auction house, the lender, your agent, etc., or consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and have all related paperwork reviewed.
If the web site tells you the name of the auction company; you can contact them. Often times the web site will have a "contact" link to contact them or at the bottom of the web site it may have a link to the webmaster to use as a contact.