Home Buying in Cary>Question Details

Sgirglani, Home Buyer in North Raleigh, Raleigh...

We can't find anything in our price range in Preston [ 900 K to 1 mil ] that we liked , preferably on the golf course . Is it worth waiting ?

Asked by Sgirglani, North Raleigh, Raleigh, NC Mon Jun 17, 2013

We could move there and rent while wait for a property to come up but what are the chances and now we're in mid June . We did find one home not on the golf course but across but needs lots of work .

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Cary

Answers

7
Hello

There is new stuff coming on the market nearly every day. You have to make sure your Realtor is sending you newly active as well as temporarily off the market listings. Two things to mention: 1. Homes are going under contract very quickly, so you (your Realtor) needs to be on top of the new listings. And 2, we have a new status called coming soon. These are listings that are getting ready to go active. They are on the MLS system as temp off the market and once they go active, if the home is in good condition and priced well, will go under contract quickly.

I hope that was helpful. Best of luck to you.

Tammi Knapp
It sounds like you’re looking for a move-in ready home. Preston is a mature neighborhood so most of the homes will need updates if they are not already updated. Have you visited the area and do you have to be in Cary?
If a golf course location is important to you, you should have a look at 12 Oaks before you make a decision. It’s a new golf course community in Holly Springs with awesome homes. Check it out - http://www.12oaksnc.com/index.php and let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Much success in your home search!
Glaxo has placed us with a realtor and she is showing us around . I was looking for a second opinion whether to wait for new listings and do they come up now in June and beyond . What are the chances .
Yes, Sgirglani. It is a fine area. I will be happy to send you information, listings and to setup showings for you and your family. Melissaalbert@kw.com
Glaxo is relocating us to the area from NJ , we could rent on monthly basis . We really like presonwood .Is Mac Gregor downs just as good in reputation ?
I can probably assist you creatively if you are not already working with an agent. Feel free to call me at 919-210-8388. Matt
Greetings,

Sounds as though you have your heart set on Preston but thought I would ask if you have considered MacGregor Downs Golf Community? Renting would typically have you tied up for 12 mos. Are you relocating here? Already in the area?