Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Bea, Home Buyer in Connecticut

We are trying to decide between a home in Pine Mill Ranch (Katy), Tomball, Kingwood or Kelliwood.

Asked by Bea, Connecticut Fri Jun 1, 2012

Which are do you think has the most potential for re-sale in 5-7 years? Which area will hold its value and which do you think will increase? Thanks to all who reply.

Answers

9
Bea,

My crystal ball is in the shop for a tune-up. However....

Just helped a 1st time buyer purchase in Pine Mill Ranch in Katy. That entire Katy (including Kelliwood) area is doing very well with the Energy Corridor growing, great Katy schools and easier access into Houston via I-10 and Westpark Toll Road.

Tomball is also growing very fast, but for different reasons. Mainly mature trees, small town feel and more land for the money plus great Tomball schools. Hwy 249, once widened, will improve odds of appreciation. Strong employers like HP and United Airlines.

Kingwood and the NE areas of Houston have a lot of growth potential. Great communities like Kingwood, Eagle Springs and Fall Creek. Wonderful Humble schools and quicker access to downtown Houston than any other out-lying area. 25 minutes from Eagle Springs at 7am rush hour.

All that said, the location of the home, condition of the home and the general local economy will have the biggest influence on your home's future value when you sell in 5-7 years. If you think we are at the bottom with the economy and the future will grow in 5-7 years, you will be fine regardless of where you purchase. There are many other factors (floorplan of home, quality of builder, things YOU do to the home after purchase, etc) that effect the future value. Your best bet is to get with a Realtor to discuss what you want to purchase and why, then all of these factors can be accessed.

I work all of these area and show buyers here. Let me know if I can assist you. Good luck!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 1, 2012
Kelliwood Cinco Ranch is a great area, but I must agree with Margeret about the growth potential of The Woodlands.
I have a soft spot for Tomball because of all the trees, great schools and the Lonestar College system, but one area you may also check out is Cypress.

All of the areas you are looking at are great choices, if you have specific home amenties that you wish to have and would like to send me your wish list, I can send you customized searches with mapping so you can get to know each area and what they have to offer.
I live in Katy,TX ( Cinco Ranch subdivison) and the schools here are ranked in the top 500 in the nation. If you are looking to resale in 5-7 years parents are going to want the house to be in a good school district where home values have stayed steady or increased both have happend in cinco ranch. Call me and we can get you pre-approval done and discuss more options
Hello Bea,

As you have indicated interest in master-planned communities located some distance apart for each other, I can only assume you do not need to locate near a particular employment area or family and friends. The responses you have already received clearly defne future prospects for any of these communities but over the last decade, it has clearly been illustrated that families now buy 'homes' that uniquely fit their desires and circumstances. Homes are reasonable investments but so much more to each family.

I would suggest that before you visit Houston and see these communities for yourself, look up the website for each of these communities to get an overview of the amenities, along with viewing the builders' plans for the area. These websites have a great deal of information and will prevent you from feeling overwhelmed when visiting.

When we assist in relocating families to Houston and the surrounding area, we work hard to help our buyers move here with minimal red-tape or inconvenience. We maintain constant contact with our clients to make the most efficient use of their time in searching for a new home.

I've been a real estate broker since 1981 and have lived in Houston since 1967. I would be pleased to assist in your move to our area.

Brenda Peavy, Broker
PV Properties
281-497-1290
brenda@pv-properties.com
http://www.HAR.com/PVProperties
http://www.HAR.com/BrendaPeavy
These are all great areas, and it just depends on what you're looking for in a community. I have lived in Kingwood and absolutlely loved every minute of it. It has a lot to offer for a family of many nterrestes and needs. If you'd consider looking in the North east, and Spring, Woodlands etc, I woudl lvoe to helo you out.
There are many factors that can affect property values and most can't be predicted with any certainty. If you have an agent they can help you determine recent price trends and refer you to sites where you can check into school ratings and crime activity. You can also research the areas and find out what kind of business development is slated for the area. For instance, the development of the 385 acre Exxon campus near The Woodlands has everyone buzzing about the economic impact it will have on the area and Houston in general. Many speculate that the accelerated construction of section E of the Grand Parkway has occurred to entice Exxon to move forward with their plans for The Woodlands campus. This spurs further speculation about how the completion of section E which is the northwest section of the Grand Parkway connecting I-10 to I-45 will affect the economic growth of that whole area. You can cut and past the links below to read more on these subjects. On the other hand if it was a prison being constructed the speculations may not be as exciting.

http://www.ultimatewoodlands.com/stories/250150-community-ex…

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/08/texas-grand-parkway…

If you are not working with a realtor I would love to assist you with your research and your purchase of your new home. You can contact me at 281-798-4100
I can send you a report of how they've been performing in the last few years. It's a hard call to make - all we can do is rely on trends. I can also send information about the communities and the schools, all factors that influece resale. Contact me anytime. Have a wonderful day.
With the recent and current market volatility, no one can predict how a certain area can or might behave. As far as a present purchase, all these areas have many pluses! It will all depend on your personal interests and needs. Why are you considering these areas? What brings you to these areas? Is it work or school? What kind of commute are you looking forward to?
Many questions must first be answered. Please feel free to call me and we can discuss in greater detail. (832)419-0994
Answer question(s) Market value and Resale 5 - 7 years Realtor can't predict future against professional code of ethics.

How a good agent can provide resource library information AND Google search provide where the community growth potential can be

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas