kvpallavi, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

We are thinking to buy a KB home in Parkside at Harris branch.Will this area appreciate in the coming 5 years.?

Asked by kvpallavi, Austin, TX Thu May 22, 2014

Answers

4
Russell Spillers’ answer
If you are looking for good investment properties you should contact me. I am an investor and come across many good investment deals all of the time. I would be happy to speak with you more about this, feel free to contact me.

Respectfully,
Russell Spillers
512-551-1186
Russell@360Company.biz
http://www.AustinHouseCash.com

This is a very good question. While none of us can predict what the future will hold, there are few areas in the Austin Metro Area to build other than South, East and far North West. Additionally, there are several major employers that are located near that area with other commercial developments planned. Based on current trends, I would say that there should be significant growth in that area over the long term.

One thing to be careful about when considering a new home is that unless one plans to reside in it for at least 5-7 years, there will be little if any appreciation. Additionally, if you need to sell before the community is sold out, it may be difficult. New homes are always more attractive to a prospective buyer than a resale home.

I believe that Parkside at Harris Branch is nearly sold out and you would be buying at the top of the market there. KB Home should be breaking ground on another community called The Retreat at Tech Ridge. You might be able to get into that community, if it is in your price point, at the bottom of the market before the builder has increased the prices.

If you'd like more information, please contact me and I would be happy to help you.

Jordan Gouger
Keller Williams
512-693-9297
Hello and Thank you for the great question.

78754 zip code area is huge and still relatively undeveloped. New communities are sprouting up, but there is a ton of space yet to cover. Because there is still opportunity for new homes, this may damper prices in current developments. I foresee buildings still developing that area in the next five years. However, because that area is still relatively close to the Austin metro, I see long term growth opportunity. I'm just not sure if you can count on it for the short term.

If you've got further questions, please email or call. I'd be happy to provide further market analysis.

Carrie Hiner
512-560-6563
http://www.corehomesaustin.com
No one has a crystal ball, that being said, when you take into account the industrial monies being poured into Austin and the urban core expanding at unprecedented rates your risk is low to not experience appreciation. However once you start getting out of Austin proper review all the criteria of the area such as what schools are within your address, property taxes (are they likely to rise). Much of this depends upon your goals and end game. Feel free to call to discuss.

Cheers!
Douglas Goff
512-284-3930
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 24, 2014