Home Buying in Portland>Question Details

Naji, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

We are thinking of moving to Portland next year. However we are visiting on April 4 and 5 and are willing to look at properties to buy.

Asked by Naji, Portland, OR Mon Jan 28, 2013

we need a 4 beds , 4 baths a single home, in the lincoln high school district and close to Portland State University.

Answers

11
Michael McBarron’s answer
Naji,

Thgere are still roughly 30 properties available in the Lincoln High School area with a minimum of 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. They range from $500,000 to $5,000,000. Some are closer to PSU than others.

I can send you the listings. If you can give me an email address I can send you the list and will continue to update the lisgt as we get closer to April.

Michael McBarron
Hello Naji. Are you familiar with the Portland market and different neighborhoods? Do you have a price in mind? Are you considering a fixer upper? Are you thinking you would buy now if you found the right property?

There are currently around 5200 Realtors in the Portland Metropolitan area, most of which would be happy to help you. It is a competitive market right now for good properties, so working with a good agent can be critical. You might want to do a local company search to get some information on the different Brokerages. Once you have narrowed down to maybe three or four qualified agents that are familiar with the areas you are looking, then I would suggest choosing the person whose personality best fits yours. This is a relationship business, and you may end up spending quite a bit of time together. I believe it is definitely in your best interest to choose an agent and commit to them. This allows them to spend the time and energy necessary to find you the right property, knowing they will be compensated once the transaction is complete.

I live in and am very familiar with the area you mentioned, and would be happy to speak with you anytime.

David Wiek
Hasson Company Realtors
david@hasson.com
Christie’s International Real Estate forms successful connections between buyers and sellers of luxury properties throughout the world. Through a comprehensive array of services, you will experience discreet, conscientious attention as you search for your perfect home.

Talented brokers in the most desirable locales, everywhere from Paris to New York, can confidently lead the pursuit for your ideal property in a meaningful, personalized, and accessible manner.

Find a luxury real estate broker and begin the search for your dream home today, or contact us at any of our offices and we’ll match you up with an accomplished and experienced real estate agent.

We provide you with a number of ways to discover the exact fit for your lifestyle. From a classic English manor to a modern Manhattan penthouse, your future home can be found within the award-winning Christie’s International Real Estate magazine or in advertisements in international and national publications. On our Web site, you can find luxury estates for sale using our advanced search engine.
Thank you
Terry Sorague | CEO | Broker Owner
LUXE platinum properties | Exclusive Affiliate CHRISTIE'S International Real Estate
Web Reference: http://www.luxecir.com
I'm sure you will find many willing agents to help you!

I wrote an article recently on the best relocation websites for Portland:
http://www.realestateagentpdx.com/top-portland-oregon-reloca…

Also, here is my last review from out of town buyers:

We were out of state buyers, and emailed 3 top rated Realtors, including Stephen. He responded within 2 hours, the others took days or weeks. This signified the level of service he gave us. He answered every question, every concern, every problem we had quickly and completely. He was patient, calm, honest and respectful. He went out of his way to accommodate us. Even though we were hundreds of miles away, he made it easy to buy our house. Stephen is that rare person who is ethical, professional, and a great all around guy! Thanks again for everything - come by for a visit!
Sat, Jan 26, 2013
Good morning Naji,

There are 40 properties in the Lincoln School District that have 4+bedrooms and 4+bathrooms. We would be happy to send you these listings and schedule showings when you are in town :)

V/R

Marshall Rosario
Customer Service Manager
Stellar Realty NW
http://www.portlandpropertyfinders.com
503-427-9233 x108
fax 503.200.2287
marshall@stellarnw.com
Naji,
as several of my fellow Realtors have indicated, inventory is very tight in the Portland metro area. So, starting the process of familiarizing yourself with the market and what's available in your preferred area and at your comfortable price point would be a smart move. It might be a bit early to actually begin looking for homes, as well-priced, good-condition homes move quickly. You could go to http://fabulousportland.com and input put your areas of interest and maximum price and start a search (or I would be happy to input the information for you). You would then receive a daily email with all properties that enter our market that meet your search criteria. Let me know if I can be of service.
Janeese Jackson, Principal Broker
"your" Real Estate Resource
jj@janeesejackson.com
Web Reference: http://fabulousportland.com
Hi Naji,

It's good that you are starting the home buying process early. Inventory is tight right now so giving yourself enough time for your search is key. A good first step is to find a realtor who is familiar with the areas you are looking and has some experience working with buyers making a move. You might want to interview more than one.

I'm happy to talk to you about your plans, my experience working with buyers in your position and get you out to see a few properties while you are here in April. Feel free to give me a call.

Jennifer Sultan, MBA, ePro
John L. Scott
jennifersutan@gmail.com
Good Morning Naji,
I did a quick search and found 31 homes with four beds and four baths that feed Lincoln High School. If you would like me to email you a link to these homes and answer any specific questions or narrow down the search with additional criteria please give me a call or send me a quick email. You have many qualified agents to choose from and I would love the opportunity to discuss how I may help your family relocate and find the best home for you.
Thanks and best of luck!
~Kate Wille
Keller Williams Realty Professionals
503-880-3650
kate@katesellsportland.com
Licensed in Oregon
http://www.katesellsportland.com/
Hi Naji,
I'd be more than happy to work with you to find your home in Portland. I'll be honest and mention that the 4 bathrooms will limit your search a bit in an already low inventory, but it's still very doable depending on your price range.

Feel free to contact me to discuss your home needs and upcoming visit.

Thanks!
Cindy Westfall ABR,GRI
Premiere Property Group
503-819-5241
cwestfallportlandrealestate@gmail.com
Hello Naji,

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience to discuss your real estate considerations.

Thank you and best,

Camille Colby, GRI
971.212.0001
Camille@CamilleColby.com
Licensed Oregon Broker
Meadows Group Inc., Realtors
Web Reference: http://Www.camillecolby.com
Hi Naji,

I would be happy to help your family find what you are looking for. Give me a call at the number below or send me an email at canifax@gmail.com.

Richard Canifax, Principal Broker

http://www.Agent4Oregon.com
Fax: 1+ 888-270-0716
Richard, what company was that you work for?
Mike Curtis, Broker
Exit Realty Your Next Move
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013