Home Buying in Shavano Park>Question Details

Lisa, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

We are thinking of building a home in Shavano Park but are concerned we may be building at the wrong time

Asked by Lisa, San Antonio, TX Fri Jul 18, 2008

with so many homes for sale. We are looking at $200/ sq ft before lot premium. Should we build or buy and remodel in Shavano Park. We want 3000 sq ft.

Answers

4
Estela Haese’s answer
Shavano Park is a great area to live. Prices are going up and in my opinion an investment in the IH 10 West corridor, Shavano Park and the Alamo Heights area are good today and will be appreciating in the future.However, I would take advantage of the great opportunities in the resale market. I would not built today. My office is located tin the roximity of Shavano Park. We could meet and discuss this further. I am a past homebuilder-developer and have been a Real Estate Broker since 1980. Thanks, Estela Haese with Keller Williams Heritage. Cell. 210-602-4900
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 20, 2008
Dear Lisa; This is a good time to do anything you would like. It really depends what is what you want. Do you like new? Do you really what to go to the trouble? The good thing about remodeling is the landscaping(mature). If you are concerns is about money about well that is a different story. Anyway let me know, and I will be very happy to help Denise
Hi Lisa,
Shavano Park is a great place to live and own a home. My recommendation is to build. So many homes for sale confirms that it is a buyers market. Seller's are more negotiable now. Interest rates are still low, but trending up. I say build now while prices are slightly depressed and before interest rates move up.
Web Reference: http://www.eldonbaker.com
Hi Lisa,

It depends on your wants in the home and your long-term plan.

Wants: what is it you must have in your new home? Will a pre-owned meet your requirements?

Plan: what is your forecast for the length of time you plan to stay in the home? Under 5 years may mean buy and remodel. Longer than 5 years means possible new construction and when you may be ready to move, the housing market has improved.

Your questions is a little thin on many of the particulars. Suggest you find a real estate agent you feel confortable with and start asking questions to help you really get a firm vision of what you want/need.

Good luck!!

Dominick Dina
Chairtian Realty San Antonio