Home Buying in Pearland>Question Details

Jan, Home Buyer in Pearland, TX

We are thinking about building a house in Southern Trails. Does anyone knows how well houses there are reselling and are they keeping their value?

Asked by Jan, Pearland, TX Thu Aug 16, 2012

We have also thought about buying a used house in shadow creek ranch but are unsure what to do? We may not stay in Houston forever so I don't want to buy a house which I can't sell

Answers

9
Mike, If you fell like you will be moving within the next 2-3 years, you may want to consider a resale home that has been recently built. It is difficult in the best of market to recover your $$$ on a brand new home within a short period of time.

Pat J.
281-222-4941
patj@remax.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 4, 2012
My opinion: Right now the area is too new to determine whether or not they will keep their values. As far as Shadow Creek Ranch goes..... The taxes are pretty high wich will play a big aprt in resale value. If you have any other questions, feel free to call or e-mail me: Ozzie Ramirez REALTOR® (713) 201-4089 AskOzzie@yahoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
You are smart to think ahead when purchasing a home. I have a few popular "pocket communities" in mind for you. Feel free to reach me and I will be happy to share based on my expertise in that area--I have lived in that proximity for many, many years now. (It is one of the fastest growing the country!). 713.402.8571
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Everyone has provided great feedback. When you are ready to view homes in SCR or Southern Trails I AM AVAILABLE.
As you can tell the neighborhood is new therefore is hard to determine average turn times and values. As to which neighborhood is a better selection that, unfortunately, is for you and your family to determine based on your wants and needs. My suggestion would be to determine what your family wants.

Currently 49 houses are listed on MLS, in Southern Trails, and over 140 homes in shadow creek ranch.

When the not new constructions option is selected, 19 homes appear to be on the market. Within the last 12 months 12 homes have sold as resale (used house again based on selecting the option of not new construction).

Southern Trails has a 3.707785% rate

Best of luck!
We bought a house in Shadow Creek Ranch after looking for over a year at SCR and a few other neighborhoods. We have been here over two years and love SCR. As far a real estate goes, in our section, the houses that are family size (at least4 bedrooms and a gameroom) have all sold in a reasonable amount of time given the difficulty to get loans the year we purchased 2010. The houses that have taken the longest to sell in our section are the smaller one stories...3 bedrooms and only one main living area..no game room or play room for the children. I would highly consider SCR it is worth the taxes you pay. We report any problems to the management corporation and they promptly take care of violations in the neighborhood. Best of luck on your rmove.
Nobody sells more houses in Pearland than we do. I would be happy to discuss this with you.
Hi Jan! My name is Chauntae Lopez, I'm a Realtor® at Trustmore Really in Pearland. I agree with Ozzie that the neighborhood is to new to determine at this time. If you would like a free CMA to see what homes are going for in a particular area or neighborhood I'd be more than happy to help. Please feel free to contact me by phone or text at (832) 352-1547 or via email at chauntaelopez@yahoo.com.
There are currently 21 resale homes available and 35 new homes and only 56 homes have sold since the first of the year, 32 of which were build prior to 2012. This computes to at least 8 months of homes in the inventory -- not very good odds for building a new one. Let me know if I can be of assistance. Kathy G. 832 455 3008

BTW -- whether new or resale be sure to have it inspected.