Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

awoogala, Other/Just Looking in Celebration, FL

We are starting to look for a home to use for vacation/some snow birding, possibly rent out short term, then retire. What areas near Disney/Uni?

Asked by awoogala, Celebration, FL Thu Sep 19, 2013

I see a lot about vacation condos/rentals, but we are looking for more of a pool home.3 bedrooms minimum, 4 preferable. We would try to rent from spring through fall, mostly- we vacation in winter. I am not trying to make a huge amount of $..just trying to ease some of the cost of a vacation home. Is this feasible?

Answers

16
Have you considered financing for this home? Many people do not realize that financing for a vacation/second home can be much different then financing for your primary home. Since this is a riskier loan for the lender to give they balance it out by requiring a larger down payment and higher rate. They will also be more strict when it comes to looking at your finances. These are just things to consider when it comes to buying a second home. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Hi Awoogala,

Great plan and very achievable. The best advice I can give you is to choose the right agent for you! who will represent you exclusively as your Buyer agent. Next ensure you choose an agent who is working every day in the short term rental market and not dipping in here and there. The right agent will be immersed in not only the real estate side of your project but also the property management and vacation rental.... knowing income v expense - rental rates - occupancy rates etc. as well as the value of your potential purchase and how much you should pay.

It is clear from the previous responses that both types of agent have already responded .... be careful and considered in your selection as in my opinion the decision on which agent to chose is secondary only to the actual property choice itself.

I am both Realtor and Property manager and would be happy to help in any way I can. I can be contacted by email or phone and my contact details are included below. No obligations.....

Kind Regards,
Talk Soon
Dave Robertson
Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate
Tel US: 863 409 0230
Tel UK: (001) 863 409 0230
E-mail: dave.robertson@dolbyproperties.com
Call me, i have some houses with the specifications and the price that you wants. Contact me @ 407-556-7528 Thank you!!
Hello there,

Your plan is great and totally doable! This is still a good time to invest and prices are still pretty low.
The Disney areas are perfect for your plan. If you want to look into it, search homes in the following community : Reunion, Championsgate, Windsor Hills, Emerald island, Encantada, Paradise Cove. All very nice Complexes.
You can also see a few homes I selected for you on the link below:

http://exitiluska.mfr.mlxchange.com/?Page=-1

Please feel free to contact me at iluskarealtorfl@gmail.com
407-925-2221
Iluska Alves
Remax Town Centre
Orlando, 32801 Fl
Hello Awoogala

The most common area for this type of Rental/Second home purcahse is Kissimmee,Lake Buena Vista/Disney and Four Corners(Davenport)

All have many single family homes and need be , some very good property managment companies that will help with rentals if you want

I can help finance this type of property upto 85%..( alwasy better to do 80% if possible) so call me and we can go over your options and get a Pre Approval letter for you, if want to finance

Tom Bawany | Mortgage Loan Originator | NMLS #519971
Real Estate Mortgage Network, Inc.
500 Winderley Place, Suite 112
Maitland, FL 32751
F: 866.552.6351 | C: 407.924.2759
E: tbawany@remn.com | http://www.remn.com
I have a variety of options for you, condo-hotel, condos (with short term option rental) or single family homes. You can go to the West or East of Disney. Call me or email me direct at your convenience. You probably want to get going before the snow come.

Wayne J Scott, Broker FL & MA, Construction Supervisor 1997
waynebuyersre@aol.com
617-413-1922
http://www.impactrealtyfl.com

Ask about our Buyer rebate program.
Yes, absolutely that is possible to relieve some of your debt service while enjoying your vacation home. I am a specialist in Orlando's short term rental market and have been for 10 years. I've seen the transitions in this market and have extensive knowledge of all the desireable communities within this corridor. Please take a moment to contact me so I can provide you with all the details you will need. Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Kind regards,
Rachael Lody
Loveland Properties
407-509-3112 cell
I can show you all over Orlando and the best places to live/ to buy also I do property management where I can short rental for Brazilian who will rent your property all over the year...Location Location Location is the key....call me I am sure I can help you 407-427-3495
Hello! I can help you!! And i can do for you the property management too, i respect the price that client want, so you tell me the price that you want and i'll be find for you, i have condo too for less price, give me a call 407-556-7528 Marcia Huerta. Mkhuerta@hotmail.com Thank you!!
Very doable. All of us who are answering do it all the time. Click on each of our pictures and read what our clients say about us. Pick the one who sounds like the agent you want to work with. Hope to hear from you and good luck.
Hi There:

Of course it is feasible. We sell a lot of homes in Short term rental communities and you have plenty of communities to choose from based on your preference and budget. In my opinion, Reunion take the cake with 3 gold courses, $15 Mil Water Park, Tennis Court, Spa, Restaurant & 11 Pools throughout the development. Champions Gate is also very nice but only a certain portions of it are zoned for short term rental. Kissimmee’s 34747 zip code is also great for vacation homes as well as city of Davenport. Below is the link to homes within your requirements in these area:

http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/areas/9995…

Hope this heps and feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
There are several areas to choose from, depending on your price range. Kissimmee, Davenport and Champions Gate/ Reunion are definitely great choices!!

Fell free to contact me directly at jennifer.sabattini@coldwellbanker.com.
or visit my website at: http://www.jsabattini.coldwellbankerackley.com

There are great communities been built right now all the Disney that you can rent when you are not using. A lot of people from UK, Brazil, Venezuela look to rent for vacation. A lot of this houses comes with a nice pool since there are built for vacation they included that in the price. You will be able to make some money to cover the costs, if you will cover all it will depend on how long and what dates you make use. If you can rent June, July, end of December and Beginning of January is when you can charge high season rates.

If you want a Realtor to help you find a house please call my office and ask for Marcelo.

Marcelo Santana- Florida Connexion Properties- REALTOR®
5411 International Drive Orlando-FL 32819
Office: 407-574-2636 - Marcelo@FloridaConnexion.com
I am currently helping a couple from the Northeast doing exactly the same as you. Orlando has plenty of short term rental possibilities.
Davenport, Kissimmee, St. Cloud.

Good Luck and hopefully we'll talk in the near future.
Awoogala,

I might suggest looking in Davenport. There are many such communities in Davenport that cater to the Season Rental crowd. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Your Realtor Rick.
http://www.raulaguirre.remax-florida.com/remaxflorida/index.…
sure it is feasible. I help people like you every day of the week. Celebration cannot be used for Short term rental. But there are plenty of nice places to spend the winter and enjoy the Florida Lifestyle. I mode here in 1999 from UK and I have been helping folks do the same ever since. No pressure. At their speed. !! call or e mail or visit on line. I am here when you need me :) 407 832 4888 alan@frontlinefloridarealty.com http://www.frontlinefloridarealty.com