pmarquart60, Both Buyer and Seller in Stanwood, WA

We are selling our home

Asked by pmarquart60, Stanwood, WA Mon Jan 21, 2013

We are selling our home, our situation has changed and we think it would be best to stay put. The problem is, an offer came in the same day that I was going to contact our agent to remove our listing. Can I just flat out reject the offer and take the house off the market.

Answers

3
Why do you have an Agent?
Is it easier to ask us?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 21, 2013
Hi pmarquart60,

Yes. If you're sure you don't want to sell, let your Realtor know your situation has changed. Your Realtor can let the buyer's agent know their offer is not accepted. Your Realtor can cancel the listing - you just need to sign paperwork. (They can't force you to sell your house - especially if you haven't signed a purchase contract).

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
Yes you always have the right to pull your home from the market. It is your home. Of course do take into account that your agent has put in work to try and sell your home. Advertising and paperwork alone take valuable hours and expenses from our working accounts. Most Agents fund their own listings until they sell and they recoup the money then. Maybe ask to meet the Agent, BE HONEST with him or her and offer them a gift card or something for a few bucks as a Thank you for what they did. Also I would assure the Agent if you were ever going to list again you would use them if that was truly the case. Good luck on your choice but don’t be bullied into selling if it is not what you want to do by anyone. And if you ever want a vacation place in FL look me up.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty