Home Buying in Bethesda>Question Details

Debra, Real Estate Pro in Chevy Chase, MD

We are searching for neighborhoods that have very active kids communities with playgrounds, neighbor visits, etc. Suggestions?

Asked by Debra, Chevy Chase, MD Thu Jun 6, 2013

Answers

12
Hi Debra,
I also live in Bethesda and the neighborhoods of Alta Vista and Maplewood are very children friendly. There are new playgrounds and sport courts throughout the communities. During Halloween the children and their parents come out to celebrate. Homes have not only maintained their values but have increased significantly year after year. The great location makes commuting easy to either Washington D.C. or the Maryland suburbs. The neighborhood is less than 5 minutes to Walter Reed, NIH and the Beltway 495 or -270. The homes are medium sized 3-4 bedrooms to large 5-6 bedrooms. Many have been both renovated or newly built. After reviewing the statistics for homes sold this year to date, prices vary from $659K to $1,255K. If you are still in the market and I can help, I would love the opportunity to visit with you and help you explore any number of neighborhoods that interest you and your family. All the best, Sandie Goldstein
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
Thank you each. Can anyone tell me if Cabin John (near Glen Echo) is a very child friendly area with many kids in the neighborhood and a place where they convene to play regularly?

Thank you!
Debra
Debra, check out the area community statistics by clicking on the link.
You can change the zip codes and compare other communities.
Let me know what you think.
Woodacres in Bethesda ( zip 20816) is a very friendly neighborhood, the playground
is adjacent to the elementary school . Visit the site for more details at http://www.montgomeryparks.org/parks_facilities_directory/wo…
Hi Debra, visit some of the communities that have playgrounds etc. and look around to see if there are lots of children outside playing. If it looks active, speak to some people and see if you get the neighborly feel that you are looking for.
hmmmm
Flag Wed Jun 12, 2013
Debra, since you prefer the Walt Whitman School, I would suggest the Bradmoor, Landon Woods and Kenwood Park area. They are not exactly short walks to downtown Bethesda.

I think it is safe to say that most neighborhoods are in transition towards more children, since the elder owners are moving out, eventually. If you notice lots of newly constructed large houses, chances are that lots of children live there.

The neighborhoods that are full of children are the Wyngate, Ayrlawn, Sonoma, Alta vista Terr, etc. They have numerous parks and good schools.

As a long time resident of Bethesda, I can guide you well to find the home that fits your family life style.
Feel free to contact me at Simone@BercuHomes.com, or 240 506 2370.
Hi Debra, depending on your price range, there are a handful of neighborhoods that may meet your needs. Since you know what elementary schools you want, that helps to narrow it down, but are you looking for a higher end property or something closer to the average price range?

Feel free to message me directly if you'd prefer to keep those details private.
Thank you each. We want to nice into the Walt Whitmsn district so unfortunately this excludes Chevy Chase.
Hi Debra
I have a friend that raised 2 kids in Chevy Chase and knows everything about the neighborhoods. I have been on the business for 38 years. I applaud you for your inquiry because what you are asking makes a significant difference in your family's well being.
Call or text me at 301 785 1995
Kathy Hutchins
Broker owner
Hutchins Property Management
Khutchins@ realtor.com
Hello Debra!

Chevy Chase is a lovely community! Additional information would be helpful in order to provide you with the best possible answer to your question.

Bridgette "Kyria" Chase
Exit Bennett Realty
301.974.7110 | mobile
http://www.BridgetteChase.com
We are looking for a single family home to buy. Our preference is Bradley Hills Elementary area (and esp the South Bradley Hills area that is walking distance to downtown) or possibly Bannockburn. We have heard that neighborhoods around Bradley Hills school (Bradmoore not Radnor) are the most active with kids but that also around Whittier and Bannockburn (south of Wilson) are also active communities. We can not figure out where the kids convene however in the later two. Thank you for suggestions!
I won't blow smoke on this one... You have a very specific question. I would email Lise Howe, she's also on Trulia & she lives and works Bethesda/Chevy Chase. You can find her profile here, http://www.trulia.com/profile/lisehowe/

Now once you pinpoint your areas, I'll throw a plug in for my site to search;
http://www.choicerealestate.net/bethesda-single-family-houses.php

Good luck...!
Flag Thu Jun 6, 2013
Are you looking for a rental, or place to buy? What price range?
This will help me narrow down my answers for you

BJ MATSON
Remax Town Center
301-257-1270 call/text