Aldo, Home Buyer in Melbourne Beach, FL

We are searching for home in Florida, Melbourn Bech on river/canal. Do we select home construction wood frame or cement block and why?

Asked by Aldo, Melbourne Beach, FL Tue Mar 29, 2011

Answers

11
Hi Aldo,

I would personally NOT buy a wood frame home anywhere in Central or South Florida, especially along the coast. If the home is wood frame, most likely was built many years ago. Fact is Insurance costs significantly more for wood frame homes. There are enough concrete homes to choose from. Why don't you let me send you a list of concrete block homes for sale, and see if they appeal to you!
Feel free to visit my website (below)
I am always available 8:00 am -11:00pm
Thank you

Steve Vitani-Realtor
2010 MULTI-Million Dollar Club
Power Realty,LLC Top Producer
Service-Above and Beyond
insurance rates lower on concrete block
Flag Thu Sep 27, 2012
Aldo,
Check out this article http://www.hgtvpro.com/hpro/di_design_trends/article/0,2618,…
While this is a personal preference, I think this article will guide you.
Genevieve Ramachandran
Are we looking to feed the termites as well as the ducks! Block all the way in Florida
It is all a matter of personal preference. You can hear pros and cons for both, Just because a home is concrete block does not mean you still will not get termites, or that it will weather a hurricane better than a frame home.. That being said, there are other things to consider when looking for a home that should weigh more heavily.....Affordability & Location-this includes your maintenance costs of the home (not just regular maintenance but insurance, taxes, etc.). Insurance is higher the closer to the water that you are so you would need to research some insurance companies and what their rates are for homes on the barrier island for both a frame home and a concrete block home. No matter which you choose make sure to have a home inspection done, this will not only tell you what condition the home is in and the current problems or issues (if any) but also future problems (if any). Also you need to determine what payment amount you feel comfortable with and go from there. Knowing that will hekp you determine the price range you need to be looking in. I would also suggest to get with a mortgage lender and get pre-approved, this will help with getting your offer accepted by the seller quicker. I would be happy to assit you in your search if you choose, feel free to contact me at anytime, I am avaiable 24/7.

Joan Willis
Broker
Brevards Best Realty, Inc.
321-960-3577
brevardsbestrealty@yahoo.com
Hi Aldo,

Feel free to visit my website (below)
I am always available 8:00 am -11:00pm
Thank you

Steve Vitani
Power Realty,LLC
Service
ALDO, The answers you have are all correct. BUT I believe the bigger question is the roof. Make sure it is
Good evening Aldo,
While both types of construction have their merits, concrete would be my first choice especially on the barrier island. There are many reasons why my opinion is such. Click the link for an interesting article that lays out the pros and cons of each.
Hi Aldo. I wouldn't worry too much about the TYPE of construction that the home was built with. The most important thing is location, overall condition and of course PRICE! They all have wood frame roofs anyway, right? We always insist on a thorough professional home inspection for all our buyer clients.

To find the best deals, please visit my website brevardforeclosure.com, the link is below.
Hello Aldo

I live and work in Melbourne Beach and am familar with the properties on the barrier island. Both types of construction are available in Melbourne Beach. There are many frame homes that have survived hurricanes and hard rains. It is completely a preference to the home Buyer. Insurance costs are based on the location and other aspects of the property. Most two story homes have a combination of both. Both types are insurable.

Erika Rogers
erikakrogers@cfl.rr.com
Web Reference: http://www.erikakrogers.com
While there are many good frame homes here in Brevard County, our recommendations is to go with concrete block or poured concrete. There is less chance of a termite problem and property insurance is usually less.

Sue & Bill Roseberry
CENTURY 21 Camelot Realty Inc.
2955 Pineda Plaza Way, Suite 124
Melbourne, Fl 32940
(321) 591-6718 or (321) 591-6017
(321) 255-9652 (fax)

GetItSold@BrevardBeaches.com
http://www.BrevardBeaches.com
about.me/BrevardCountyRealEstate

Professional Services with a Personal Touch!

"You are receiving this message as a courtesy to my friends and clients. In the event you do not wish to receive these mailings in the future, please reply to this message with 'Remove' in the subject line."
Cement block, it won't deteriorate due to the moisture like wood frame will over time.