Olympia Ming, Home Buyer in 02777

We are relocating to the Fishers area from Boston 7/2011. When should I start house-hunting? Any recommendations on neighborhoods for young families?

Asked by Olympia Ming, 02777 Wed Dec 8, 2010

Answers

5
Fishers is a wonderful family friendly area! There are a lot of nice neighborhoods and great places to live. If you are planning to relocate in July of 2011, I would guess around April/May you will want to start seriously looking. It takes approximately 30-45 days from contract acceptance to closing.

In the mean time, look on the internet, get familiar with the area and the neighborhoods. If you want to talk with an agent here in Fishers, feel free to call me. Or check out my website for a comprehensive look at the area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 9, 2010
Olympia, we will miss you here in Boston! I would start looking now and learn about the area you plan on moving to. The Trulia community is a great place to start. The more familiar you are with the area you are relocating to the better.

Relocation can be difficult. Why? Well because you are not there yet so it is difficult to home shop. This is where a good Realtor in the area can really benefit you.

When I am working with someone who is relocating to my area I usually start by finding out what type of home they want, how far they want to commute, whether they want to be located in the city or in a suburb, etc. Then I would set up a home search targeting some areas that fit their desires.

When the time of their move approached I would preview some homes and send videos. The goal would be to have a bunch of homes set up so they could travel and spend a weekend looking at a filtered down targeted list of homes that have already been toured virtually with my personal commentary.

Well, good luck with your move! Let me know if you are interested in a referral to a Realtor in Indiana and I would be glad to get you in touch with some of my Indiana contacts.
Web Reference: http://teamlefebvre.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 8, 2010
Hello a great resource for this area and information on homes in NE Indy and Geist is http://www.HomesAroundGeist.com - Josh McNair RE/MAX 317-874-7041 Geist Resident and Realtor.
joshmcnair@remax.net
Hi Olympia,

The Fishers area is a great place to live and work, and is consistently listed in the Top Ten places to live by Money Magazine and similar publications. There are many outstanding neighborhoods to choose from, and many have access to, or are situated near parks, lakes, golf courses, and nature trails. The town is close to Indianapolis and has its own shopping areas, restaurants, movie theaters etc.

The local schools in Fishers are outstanding, and the community at-large is committed to appropriate school funding to ensure that the school facilities keep pace with the growing population, and continue to provide an excellent learning environment. The town also has an exciting growth plan for the next several years that will make Fishers the best community in the Indianapolis metro area.

I am partial to neighborhoods in the east side of town, and can refer you to an outstanding Realtor that can provide listings that would met your individual desires. As with any home purchase, it is wise to meet with a mortgage advisor at the outset of the house hunting process to get pre-approved and determine the price range that you would be comfortable in. Should you require any assistance with your mortgage or locating a high-energy local Realtor, please feel free to contact me at 888/333-1518 or at kertinmortgagegroup@gmail.com
Hello Olympia,

I sure do have some great suggestions that I am happy to share with you!
I live in next door Carmel and work in Fishers. So, I am familiar with
neighborhoods you and your children will love.

When I am working with families, I always think of clean, safe neighborhoods with beautiful homes and
playgrounds and or pools. It's so good for children to run and bike and play out of doors without having
to drive them to a park.

Without a price range to go on, I will simply give you a few neighborhoods that fit the description.
Windemere, Sandstone Knoll, and Sandstone Lakes - a short walk thru the neighborhood to Brooks
School Park and Soccer field, Avalon (lots of brand new homes), any area in Gray Eagle (beautiful golf course too), Meadow Brook, Tanglewood, Thorny Ridge.

Call me at 317.513.4652 or email marita@maritatopmiller.com for more detailed info or to ask for me to set up an individualised search for you that will email homes with outdoor amenities, if you like. You can also
use the "Atlas Search" at http://www.mtopmiller.prudentialindiana.com.

Wishing you a Happy Holiday Season and a wonderful new home in Fishers.
Marita