Home Buying in Oro Valley>Question Details

Aserdemir, Home Buyer in Tucson, AZ

We are relocating to Tucson due to transfer in our company. Everybody tells us we need to live in Oro Valley, however within Oro Valley there seems

Asked by Aserdemir, Tucson, AZ Fri Jun 10, 2011

to be many subdivisions is any one better than the other ? Have two kids at middle and high school good schools is very important to us.

Matt

Answers

6
I don't tell people where they should live. I LISTEN to what the client has to say, then tell them about that area, and then let them know about other areas, that may be better suited for them according to what they had said was important to them. Remember this is about you, not what someone else thinks what you should do. Please contact a local Realtor that can give you an unbiased information to help you decide what is best for your family.
University High School is ranked in the top 10 in the country it does require testing into it. Oro Valley does have great schools so does the Vail school district. It comes down to where you are commuting to, Tucson is very large. Also what price range you are in. Oro Valley is on the higher value range.
I am an Oro Valley resident as well as a father of two (3 year old boy and 6 year old girl) We moved to Oro Valley for the school systems. The Amphitheater school district consistently achieves higher overall test scores than the other school districts in the Tucson area. The neighborhoods are very family oriented with lots of parks, jogging and biking trails. There are many schools within neighborhoods so commuting back and forth is short and easy for the kids as well as parents.

Oro Valley is also the city that consistently has the lowest crime rate in Arizona, so many residents, young or elderly, feel more safe when out and about. I can go on an on about this great town, but we don't have the space for it. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Eddie Holmes
be warned - in Tucson "the foothills" or "District 16" are code for white. If you are a minority, they are not for you,
Oro Valley is a newer community in Northwest Tucson but it does depend on where you work and how much of a commute you want to make. Oro Valley has good schools but other areas do also. Marana is also a newer community in Northwest Tucson. A new interchange has been built in Marana that is called Twin Peaks. This has greatly lessened the commute to downtown, University, airport. Please feel free to call me or email if you want to discuss in more detail. I am a former administrator at the community college system here so am quite familiar with the school systems.
Jeannette
520/370-7589 or jea@mjstuder.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 22, 2011
I wouldn't say that you NEED to live in Oro Valley. Depending on where your place of work is, you may be in for a long morning/evening commute. There are lots of great places to live that are closer to the downtown area. For example, the Catalina Foothills is a beautiful area located just north of town. Great middle (Orange Grove Middle) and high school (Catalina Foothills HS). Just another perspective!