Home Buying in El Paso>Question Details

Melissa, Home Buyer in 11209

We are relocating to El Paso with the Army. We have 2 small kids. We want to be in a nice area with other nice homes What area should we look in ?

Asked by Melissa, 11209 Wed Nov 21, 2012

We want a good school district and we want to stay under 225,000

Xochitl Valero’s answer
Hi Melissa,

I have lived in El Paso all my life except for a couple of years spent outside of El Paso because of the military. I know El Paso very well personally and professionally and I think that some of the nicest neighborhoods with beautiful homes are on the westside of town and upper valley. Eventhough it is about a 25-30 minute drive over Transmountain, it is the most beautiful scenic drive you can ask for- low traffic and mountainside all the way. There is also an area located in central El Paso that is known for their historic homes and neighborhood parks.

Let me know if I can help. Good luck!

Xochitl Valero
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 3, 2012
Hi Melissa I specialist in new homes and the VA loan. Let me assist you. I have a mobile app that can help you look at homes. Text the word crojas to 87778 download it and it will show you all the homes on El Paso. Also go ahead and view my website. Please give me a call so I can help you out. 915-443-3598 thank you :)
Hi Melissa
Let me start off by saying thank you and your husband for the efforts and sacrifices you have made for this country. I'm currently a home owner in the "newer" northeast side of El Paso which is about a 10 minute drive to Ft. Bliss and about 35 min from White Sands Missile Range. I currently don't have my home in the market but after the holidays I will be working on that. The home is a 2 story home with refrigerated air, about 1800 sq. ft. Energy Efficient Windows in the front side of the house and New Roof. The yard has a cover patio and green grass. It's a 3 bedroom with loft, 2 living areas, 2.5 bathrooms and double car garage. The home is newly painted outside and inside. I've put a lot of effort into this home but I starting a new chapter in my life that requires me to move. If you are interested please let me know. I can send you Pictures and an estimated price that I have in mind for selling price. Good Luck in this transition and God Bless you and your family.
Is your home still on the market? My family and I will be relocating to El Paso in 2 months and we are looking to purchase a home in the north hills are. Could I possibly get pictures if it is sill available and the price. Thank you.
Flag Sun Jun 23, 2013
Hi Melissa. I own a home on the east side of El Paso. My wife and I are retired and we want to relocate to Fort Wayne, Indiana (my wife's hometown) plus our current home is too big. The home was built in 2001. We bought it new. It is 2 stories 3 bedrooms 2.5 baths with a loft. The lot is large - about 1/3 acre. it is in a cul de sac. square footage for the house is 2100. Landscaped front and back. 2 car garage with remote controlled opener.Huge back yard with 2 storage sheds, several garden areas, fenced area with above ground pool, 21 rose bushes, 2 pear trees and 2500 square feet of grass with an automatic sprinkler system for all grass, trees and plants. i recently installed a rooftop package unit for refrigerated air and gas heat (Trane). We really love this home, but we can't handle the stairs anymore and it's just too big. We are not in a hurry because we want to make the move to Indiana in the spring or summer. We are asking $185,000, but that is very negotiable. I am not using a realtor, but I have an attorney and a title company. Call me at 915-497-6361. My name is Carl Davis. I can send pictures.
Hi Melissa!

First off, thank you for your service and welcome to El Paso.

There are several houses under $225k and as a former teacher I can tell you that we have some of the best school districts in town.

I'll be happy to assist you and send you a list of houses for you to look over that meet your criteria. Feel free to email me at SellingEP.com or call/text me at (915) 549-1962. You can also visit my website at http://www.SellingEP.com which will give you access to all the houses currently available in the area.

In the meantime, I can send you a list of houses that meet your criteria (number of bedrooms, style, minimum square footage and any other "must haves"). We can then create a list of houses that you like so you can view them once you are in town.
I can't help you with your question since I'm located in Georgetown, Texas and not familiar with El Paso, but had to grab the opportunity to say thanks for your service! My son-in-law is in the army as well. He, our daughter and two of our grandchildren are stationed in Sicily.

I never want to pass up the chance to help a military family when I can, so if you know of families relocating to Ft. Hood, I'm available to help!

Enjoy El Paso!
You can buy plenty of home in El Paso for under 225. I am retired Army and fully aware of the issues facing soldiers in their relocation. I would be happy to help. If you email me directly rick at ricksnow dot com and we can talk a little more specifically about your wants and needs and I'll send you some homes to look at.

Congratulations on your assignment to El Paso

Rick Snow
First Choice Realty