Home Buying in Waltham>Question Details

Canuck, Home Buyer in Waltham, MA

We are relocating and looking within a 30 min radius of Waltham (but not in Waltham). Given the territory this covers, how should we choose an agent?

Asked by Canuck, Waltham, MA Mon Feb 18, 2013

Answers

14
Amy Mullen’s answer
Good evening!

Someone who realizes just what "30 minutes" means in the area! :)

Quite seriously - a Realtor who understand the area, your needs and is able to make the time to travel to the various towns.

I have lived all through the area and would be happy to chat with you regarding your new endeavors!

Amy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 18, 2013
Hi Canuck - I have lived in the MetroWest area - I think you should start to narrow down the towns
you want...that comes from talking with co-workers and agents. Are schools important for children?
Do you need to be near a commuter rail? A daycare facility? You say you are not interested in
living in Waltham, so do you want a more country setting? Talk with a few Realtors and see who
you have the best "connection" with. Once that is done they can provide you with information that
will be helpful to your decision. I am always happy to chat about the area so please feel free to call
me or email me directly. nancy.butterly@ziprealty.com
It is always wise to use an agent especially in a low inventory where bidding wars are common place. Here at RE/MAX Leading Edge we use cutting edge strategies while structuring our offers to make them as attractive as possible. Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns about the process. I specialize in negotiating on behalf of buyers, and would love to share some of the tactics I use.
Hi Canuk, Another issue to consider is what are the "loan limits" in the county you seek to live in (near the Waltham objective) before it becomes a Jumbo Loan = higher interest rate. The Waltham area itself is $465,500. I offer a free Special Report "9 Ways to Save Thousands on Your Mortgage".
Happy to answer your questions, Email: webmaster3002@gmail.com
John Fall
Mortgage Relationship Manager
http://www.CreditScore.com
Hi Canuk,

First, I would ask the professional who sold your old home for help.
Then, I suggest using a referral service.
My company is part of an international network of luxury specialists who can provide exceptional service in virtually any town or city.

We are Robert Paul Properties.
We closed over $364,000,000 in real estate in South Eastern MA and Cape Cod in 2012.
Our network is International - Leading Real Estate Companies of the World

Best wishes,
Heath

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Web Reference: http://www.RobertPaul.com
Hi Canuck! Following up with you, are you all set with an agent?

Let me know if I can assist you with your real estate needs. I am available this weekend, just give me a call.

Claire LeBlanc, ABR, Realtor
claireleblancrealestate.com
781 424-5443 Cell
This first thing you need to do is narrow down the communities that you are comfortable with within your 30 minute commute. The best way to do this is to talk to an agent who is willing to listen to your needs and work within your budget. Someone who is familiar with the surrounding towns and can help you determine what works best for you and your family.

Having grown up in the metro west area, I can provide you with practical advice and guidance in the direction you need to go.

Please feel free to give me a call anytime to chat or drop me an email if you’re more comfortable with that.
Happy House Hunting!

Jeanne Marrazzo, The Real Estate Lady of
New England Preferred Properties
Email: jeanne@realestatelady.net
View entire MLS database at http://www.RealEstateLady.NET

The finest compliment I can receive is a referral from you!
Hi Canuck,

Your price range and the style of the home will dictate where you can move within 30 minutes of Waltham. As a Relocation Specialist, I would sit down with you and discuss what characteristics are important to you in a town. Examples would be within walking distance to a commuter rail, school system, walking distance to town center, size of town, etc. Once I have a good understanding of your expectations, we then can talk about towns that meet your needs.

Please feel free to call or email me to discuss further.

Deborah Feldman
Hammond Residential
Senior Sales Associate
508-277-3596 - cell
dfeldman@hammondre.com
Hi Canuck! Love the name! I cover The Greater Boston area, I can set up a search for you in any community you're hoping to look in. Happy to work with you to find a suitable home, give me a call.

Claire LeBlanc, Certified Buyer Agent
781 424-5443
Feel free to contact our office and interview an agent. Have a meeting and see if you develop chemistry with someone you can work with.

Peter J. Mlaguzi
Broker/Owner
M&A Real Estate
http://www.marealestateinc.com
Peter@marealestateinc.com
O:617-588-0087 x701
C:617-233-1476
F:617-395-6867
Follow us on twitter: @MandArealestate
Like us on Fb: http://www.facebook.com/MARealEstateInc
There's no substitute for talking to and working for a while with an agent to decide if you work well together. Contact the agents who answer your question, have a conversation as to your goals and what you want in a property, and get a feel if you are a good fit. 30 minutes is a large area and you should find out which agents cover what territory and give them a try. I cover Somerville, Cambridge and Arlington.
You need to choose an Agent that is knowledge in the areas you are interested in. An Agent that will LISTEN to your home search needs and educate you through the entire home purchasing process.
You need an Agent that will show you homes that match your criteria within your price range.

I am a Buyer's Agent with a long list of happy clients that have purchased in and around the Waltham area. If you would like to learn more about me, please visit my website at http://www.darleenfoster.com.

Dareen
617-448-7894
An agent that knows the area is definitely a plus. You should also find someone that you connect with and is knowledgeable on the type of property you are searching for; i.e, are you looking to rent, buy, single-family, condo, etc. Agents often specialize in properties as well as locations. Keep in mind that agents are like any other professional; some are phenomenal and some are not so great.

When you meet an agent for the first time they should disclose the agency relationship and you have the right to choose who you work with, so long as you are not working with several agents at once. Therefore, if you meet someone and you decide they aren't for you, you are not married to them, as long as you haven't signed an exclusive buyer agency agreement with them. Once you find an agent you like, word of the wise, hold onto them.

Ashley Robbins
REALTOR®
Prudential Verani Realty
236 No. Broadway Salem NH 03079
Office: 603-893-7999 x 4906
You may want to choose an agent that is familiar with the areas in which you are looking. I myself will travel somewhat but mostly work the MetroWest area such as Framingham, Natick, Hopkinton, Holliston, Medway, Millis, Sudbury, Wayland etc...You may want to talk to several and ask questions about what your housing needs and wants are, access to school and community information and other things that may be important to your move.
Some agents have reviews on Trulia also that clients they have bought and sold for wrote to share their experiences with the public on the agent's profile. I would be glad to help you search for a home if you are interested.
I can be reached at 508 648-0393
Lynne Hagopian
Hammond Residential