Home Buying in Green Valley>Question Details

Victoriadiane, Home Buyer in Yuma, AZ

We are planning to move to Tucson, we like Green Valley, Quail Creek looks nice. I am concerned about crimes,break in's, etc. Any ideas?

Asked by Victoriadiane, Yuma, AZ Thu Sep 2, 2010

Victoriadiane

Answers

16
QUAIL CREEK, A ROBSON RESORT - Active Adult Community, Green Valley, AZ
It is always a great decision to buy new and Quail Creek is an active adult community that features World Class amenities. Golf, Tennis, Pools, Fitness Center, Arts & Technology Center, Bocce/Pickle Ball, a Grand Ballroom and clubhouse, Restaurant/Bar and Coffee Shop and more! We have an in-house lender affiliate that will make getting a loan at the best possible int. rate and terms easy! There is so much to offer with energy efficiency guarantees and a 9 year builder warranty, 24/7 manned gate and vehicle patrol; many residents only live here for the winter. It just doesn't make sense to purchase resale, especially if you will only be at home part-time. The friendly neighbors living in the Quail Creek community will help you with anything you need and acquaint you with all the wonderful activities that you like to do. There are over 100 clubs and activities. I am partial as I am a new home sales consultant at Quail Creek, and I would love the opportunity to show you around and see if QC is a fit for your retirement needs. Please consider staying with us for 3 nights and 4 days to "EXPERIENCE THE LIFESTYLE", you will receive tours of homes and amenities, a free round (18 holes) of golf and a hosted dinner where you will meet homeowners who can answer your questions about what is like to live in Quail Creek. Contact Sue Taylor-Lane at 520-940-0500 for more info.
Green Valley would be my first choice. Tucson my last for sure.
I live in Green Valley. It is more of a "country" feel, I can drive into Tucson for some of my shopping. I love the malls and organic grocers in Tucson, the farmers markets and the small town feel of Tucson. Do stay away from the areas around the casinos however - problems there.
Flag Mon Apr 16, 2012
We have a view house 1450 sq ft we are thinking of selling on golf course. Generally crime is way down in the area. We feel very safe. Well patrolled. Tucson is another story. Quail Creek, as Green Valley, very safe.
So far, this is the best site I've found. Hope you enjoy!
Web Reference: http://www.zipskinny.com
You should look into the Prescott area. Not a lot of crime here. Prescott is a pretty quiet small town. Call me if you are curious about the area
Hi Victoriadiane,

One of the reasons the crime in Green Valley is so low is the Sheriff’s Auxiliary Volunteers (SAV) support the Pima County Sheriff's Department in Patrolling the area. Burglaries are the most common crime and generally occur in the summer months when the winter visitors (snow birds) are back home for the summer. Good luck with your search in finding a home. Please feel give me a call if there is anything I can do to help you along the way.

Theresa Bonin
(520)306-7561
Your best bet is to go out to the areas and check them out YOURSELF. Anyone who gives you an opinion here is just that, an opp. that THEY have...GO check out the area's in the morning, afternoon and esp. at nights. Do you feel safe? Do the people in the area look "normal"? Call the police in the areas as well; see what they know about the crimes in the areas. Then YOU can get an idea of what you like or hate about each of the places you mentioned.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 31, 2010
Hi Victoriadiane,

I have to agree with all the other answers. There is very little crime here in Green Valley. This is one of the reasons I decided to move here. I think you will love it here.

Good luck in finding your Dream Home.

Scott
"Crime in Green Valley is pretty much non-existant". That is a quote from a Sheriff's deputy who was our key speaker at a recent MLS meeting. In fact he went on to say, "I have the best job in the Sheriff's dept because I have the responsibility for safety in Green Valley." He also went on to say, "Break-in's occasionally happen, mostly during the summer months, when the snowbirds return north. However, they are very few in number. Probably the largest crime problem in Green Valley are the occasional speeders". On a personal note- I recently earned a "speeding warning" from a motorcycle policeman in Green Valley- on La Canada. Nobody's fault but mine. He was nice enough to let me off with a written warning. Hope this is of some help.....Gary
We have lived here for 16 years and neither us or anyone we know has never had a crime issue. Green Valley has been a great choice for us and have many happpy clients who think the same.
Give me a call when you get into town. Looking forward to meeting you :-)
That is a great question in any area, and one of very valid concern- I have found a few links for you to investigate-

http://www.clrsearch.com/RSS/Demographics/AZ/Green_Valley/Cr…

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Green-Valley-Arizona.html This link will take you to the registered sex offenders-

My recommendation as an Owner/Broker is to chose and interview agents and select one that will provide you with the best information and communication- We offer highly educated and trained agents and brokers whom you can trust, are very competent, and who care about the relationships with our clients-
Most Sincerely, Fawn
Because Green Valley and Quail Creek are retirement areas, we have an older population and they are less likely to commit crimes. Most of the home owner associations have age restrictions where one person in the household must be 55 years or older. There are some non-age restricted areas or 40 and older age restricted areas, but the majority is the later of 55 and older. Also we are a close, small community where many people look after each other's property. We also have a voluntary security company that will check on properties while residents are out of town. Also, since one half the population is only here in the winter to enjoy our mild temperatures and sunshine. Our police dept is the Pima County Sheriff's Dept, if you would like to check their statics on crime. And there are also many web sites you can go on to check the local crime stats for an area. Please call me if I can be of any further assistance. Donna Schenek, REALTOR 520-403-5032 or email me at Donna@retireingreenvalley.com.
Victoriadiane,
We are very proud to say that crime in Green Valley, including Quail Creek is negligible. We have a special group of volunteers called the Sherriff's Auxillary Volunteers who patrol Green Valley and they are a real deterrant to any crime. Just knowing that they may be around on foot, or on bikes or in their patrol cars will keep many problems at bay. Also, keep in mind that due to our population demograhics, i.e. mostly older adults, the petty crimes just do not take place here. Its a lovely place to live and we sure hope you'll give us a chance as you start to look around. We hope to be seeing you soon. Thanks for asking, Any more questions: give a call 520-370-7473. Jill
Web Reference: http://www.JillMundy.com
Hi Victoria Diane,

I moved to Quail Creek 2 years ago. Our security group asked the board to approve the purchase of a new truck; the board denied the request - we don't have crime so they didn't fee we needed to increase the prevention methods. Quail Creek is gated with 24 hour security personnel. We've called patrol when my husband locked himself out of the house, our fire alarm malfunctioned, to report a snake in the street, and to report an injury at the fitness center. Personally, I don't know anyone who has experienced crime in Quail Creek or Green Valley.

The best advice I can give you is to come for a visit - I can refer you to a package deal that will give you a few days to explore. Hope to be of service to you.
Green Valley is a very unique part of the world. We get about 12 inches of rain a year so it's the prettiest desert surrounded by Mountains conveniently 20 miles south of Tucson. So it's close enough to go for the day but you don't have the traffic nor crime. Green Valley has relatively no crime at all. I've been selling Real estate for 33 years and evryone seems to want, "CLEAN, QUIET, SAFE, within 1 45 minute commute to a decent sized city". Well, Green Valley is the CLEANEST, QUIETEST, SAFEST Place I know. You'll love it here. Give us a call and we'll be glad to give you the "fifty cent" tour so you're comfortable before making any offers. Looking forward to seeing you as a new neighbor.
Web Reference: http://sueandstu.com
hi
We moved here from MN.11 1/2 yrs ago and love it here. There are literally "0" crimes here in Green Valley. One time it was in the paper that a woman had her purse stolen. The people that are coming across the border mostly are just passing through and want to get to Tucson and Phoenix and the the other states. Quail Creek is good you would love it if you like to golf.
We do have 9-10 golf courses here in Green Valley and if you are 55+ we have 12 Recreation Centers with clubs ranging from card games to clay club, computer club, fitness rooms, swimming pools, hot tubs etc.. 60 clubs here.Dorene 520-609-2246-go to our website and check us out.