Sheila, Home Buyer in 87114

We are new to the ABQ area and are looking for a modest home in a quiet safe area. How can we find a good, honest agent?

Asked by Sheila, 87114 Thu Dec 16, 2010

Answers

7
Sheila, you are pretty funny... asking a bunch of real estate agents where you can find an honest agent. I love it.
If you want to find a quiet neighborhood drive thru the area @ different times of day and night to get a idea of traffic do it more than one time. If safety is the Issue talk to some of the neighbors in the area or call the local police dept and ask about crime reports in the area. I suggest you personally do some research on the area that you want to live. When picking a agent ask lots of questions and listen very closely to the answers. Honest agents don't have to tell you there honest.
One way for you to find a good, honest agent is to talk to me by phone, email, text, etc. Whether you use me or not I will do my best to steer you in the right direction. New Mexico Real Estate Commission rules impose a duty of honesty on all brokers (what you call an agent), but I think you want an honesty matched with skill and excellence. Best wishes, Steve
Sheila, not all brokers are the same, whether they are licensed members of state and local organizations or not. The knowledge, skill, expertise, experience, personalities, and more vary widely. The barriers to enter this business are actually quite low, regrettably. And during the last boom, everyone and their brother jumped in. You are wise to do your homework and find out who you can trust and who will serve you best, given your own circumstances. I would also avoid locking into any long term agreements to work exclusively with one agent, as well as any dual agency situations. Due to lots of inventory, motivated sellers, and amazingly low rates, now is finally a good time to buy... but, you want an agent that will not only protect your interests, but also guide you to the best opportunities out there!
Hi Sheila,
Any NM licensed agent that is a member of the National Association of Realtors has to hold up high standards, and answer to the state http://www.nmrealtor.com and local board http://www.gaar.com ... There you can check on any legal action taken against any agents.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays!

Brandon
I would be happy to refer you to a Coldwell Banker agent in your area. I'm in Colorado, but the company I work for has offices all around the country (and the world). Let me know if I can help!

Sally Grenier
sally.grenier@coloradohomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.sallygrenier.com
Interview them and ask them for their credentials as well as references. They should also actively buy and sell in this market to know it best. It would be my pleasure to share all of this and more for you so that I might at least be considered for the job Sheila. You might also appreciate my unique rebate offer to save you thousands... see on my site. All the best in your house hunt!
David

You can also see my bio here on Trulia for some info.