Home Buying in Pittsburgh>Question Details

rboglio, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

We are moving to the pittsburgh area. We are looking for homes in upscale neighborhoods with a great school district. Suggestions! HELP!

Asked by rboglio, Pittsburgh, PA Sat Apr 13, 2013

Answers

19
Susanne Wagner, GRI, MBA’s answer
Hello, the Pittsburgh Business Times publishes annually, a ranking of school districts in the Greater Pittsburgh area. You can google this, or I can email you the link. Of the areas I serve, Upper St. Clair is ranked highest, and Mt. Lebanon is ranked second. I am a fifteen year resident of Mt. Lebanon, our office is in Upper St. Clair, and I am very familiar with both communities. Both communities have a great selection of homes, and I would be glad to share with you my knowledge of the difference between the two communities. Both are located in the South Hills area of Pittsburgh, with good access to public transporation and amenities. You might also wish to visit both communities' websites, http://www.mtlebanon.org. Please feel free to reach out if I may be of assistance to you, susannewagner@remax.net, 412.477.5709cell. Congratulations on your upcoming move to Pittsburgh!
Hi! you must of seen our home on Trulia. It was built in 2006 and we live in a upscale neighborhood. There are approximately 7-8 teachers and school principals that live in our community. We also have a Pittsburgh Steeler that lives on our street. The community offers a pool, clubhouse, playground and walking trail. Please call with any questions. 412-779-6957.
Here is another website that may be of interest to you. The link is for the Pittsburgh area but you can narrow the search on the site.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/pennsylvan…
I noticed that your husband will be working in Beaver. The website that Janice Caputo posted is your best start for a school district. Select a few good school districts, with a favorable commute to Beaver, then have an agent set up a search for you in these school districts with criteria that meets your needs. Make arrangements to tour.
Cranberry Township, and the school would be Seneca Valley. McCandless or Wexford area, and the schools would be North Allegheny or North Hills. All good choices. Good luck!
Hi! my name is Joe, and we have a 2story home for sale in Baldwin Bororugh, PA., a suburb of Pittsburgh. We live in an upscale neighborhood, and currently have our home listed for $294,900. Our community offers a pool, clubhouse, and playground. Nice walking community. Great shool district and police department. Its conveniently located to the Waterfront shopping district and the southside restaurants. Quietly nestled on a previous golf course. Please call for details (412)779-6957.

Sincerely, Joe & Judi
Here are homes in Pittsburgh plus Realtors in the area:

http://www.realtypin.com/house/pittsburgh/pennsylvania/unite…

All the best
Web Reference: http://www.realtypin.com
Attached is the Pittsburgh Business Times full article
Given that you wil be commuting to Beaver County, I consulted the Pittsburgh Business Times Honor Roll Rank of Public School Districts. In addition to Upper St. Clair (#1) and Mt. Lebanon (#3), two other school districts rank high on the list and might give you a relatively easy commute, both of which I service. North Allegheny School District ranks #2, and is made up of the communities of McCandless, Franklin Park, Marshall, and Bradford Woods. Quaker Valley School District ranks #9 (out of 105 districts rated), and is made up of the communities of Sewickley, Edgeworth, Leet, and Bell Acres. If you have plans to travel to Pittsburgh, I would be glad to meet with you! Or, would be glad to consult further by phone. susannewagner@remax.net 412.477.5709cell
I would be happy to help you. Give me a call, or send me an email and we can talk about your needs, set up a search, get you pre-approved and get moving!
You can check out moon twp and Robinson area. I believe its around 25 min commute. It will depend on what's important to you folks school district or the commute? You really need to met with an agent, so all of your wants & needs will be met.
I should have mentioned my husband will be working in Beaver, PA. Wondering what the best commutable upscale neighborhoods and school might be given the location.
You may want look at Sewickly for upscale neighborhoods as well as Moon Township for quick access to the Beaver area. There are good private as well as public schools and many areas of upscale homes in parts of Beaver county. The taxes are lower in Beaver County which may allow you to consider the private schools also. As one who has experienced more than 20 moves in my lifetime, I can tell you that these answers are not always easy to find. If you would to know about housing in various areas around Pittsburgh, I will be more than happy to send you housing data for specific towns and neighborhoods. If you phone me at 412-583-1295, I will be happy to at least get you started on the right path. I am a certified relocation consultant and, although I may not be the best agent to sell you your next home, I may be able to lay out some choices and help you find a good agent in the area. I don't charge for a phone call, so you have nothing to lose.
Joe Hirsch
Flag Sat Apr 13, 2013
Fox chapel schools are excellent and great place to live with upscale homes. I live in Fox Chapel for last 25 years
I work for prudential preferred realty in north hills where north allegheny school district is. Excellent school district and lots of neighborhoods to choose a home from . Give me a call or email to set up a buyers agent consultation.

Ann Mandava, GRI
412-519-6667
amandava@prudentialprefered.com
Flag Sat Apr 13, 2013
The first think you need to do is find a buyer's agent, then sit down with him/her and do a buyer consultation. Then you obtain financing. Then you look for homes. I work for Keller Williams Real Estate Professionals in Peters Township. There are allot of nice areas with good schools in the pgh area. You can pull up the schools on line. Please email me or call me. I would love to help you and your family find your new dream home. denisebruno132@kw.com & 412-445-0318. Try pghschools.com.
There are many great school districts in the Pittsburgh area. I serve the South Hills, where Mt. Lebanon and Upper St. Clair are located. Both are ranked in the top 10% of all schools in the country. My wife, who taught in Mt Lebanon for 30 years, now runs a tutoring service. She can attest to the value the schools offer and would be happy to share with you her knowledge. Upper St. Clair recently built a brand new high school, which has wonderful facilities and amenities, and Mt. Lebanon is currently in the process of renovating their existing high school. Both middle schools and all of the seven elementary schools in Mt. Lebanon have been updated. Either school district would be an excellent choice. You will find magnificent homes in both areas as well as wholesome community life. The area offers easy access to downtown Pittsburgh and to the airport. I will be happy to send you a relocation package with information on the schools and the communities of the South Hills. You may contact me at joehirschrealtor@gmail.com or by phone at 412-583-1295.

Joe Hirsch
Thanks for posting your question on Trulia.com!

Are schools the ONLY thing you are concerned with or do you need to be on a certain side of the 'burgh? One of us can set you up on a free, automated MLS search to receive properties that meet the criteria you provide us. I have a video in my YouTube channel that describes the process in the 'burgh you can view here: http://youtu.be/zgQf4JUeSek

If you are interested, I can e-mail you a "buyer survey" to fill out to get started. You can research me by going to Zillow.com & type in my name and read all my past client reviews. I have over 60, the most in the entire state.

You can get school stats at http://www.schooldigger.com or http://www.greatschools.net

Whichever way you go, best of luck.
If you need to be in the city itself, there are many private and parochial options (Ellis [all girls], Shadyside, Sewickley, St. Edmund's, etc.)

Otherwise, North Hills and South Hills both have highly rated districts (in the South, Upper St. Clair is usually in the top 100 in the country). Commute times can be 30-45 minutes from either (though I think the North is somewhat better for commuting, and also generally has lower taxes).
I am in the North Hills area of Pittsburgh. Hampton, Fox Chapel, Pine Richland. All are top rated schools. What price range? Feel free to give me a call if you might be interested in this area.
My recommendation is Murrysville, in Westmoreland County. It is just over the Allegheny border, has quick access to the PA Turnpike, and the school district, Franklin Regional, is one of the best anywhere. Westmoreland County has low taxes. The recreational opportunities in the mountains to the east are the best. I have a listing at 3901 Ridgemont, Murrysville that might interest you. You can see it on Realtor.com. If you want me to show you this or other listings, please contact me at Virginia.Stump@remax.net.
Flag Sat Apr 13, 2013