Home Buying in Oak Hills>Question Details

Sweeper_bill, Home Buyer in Lincoln, NE

We are moving to Nebraska next March and are preparing to buy a house wiht a VA Mprtgage. I am interested in when to start looking at listings, I

Asked by Sweeper_bill, Lincoln, NE Sun Jul 31, 2011

expect to do the pre qualify in January 2012 and believe that is when we should do serious looking from 1500 miles away. We see some we like. How likely will it be that they are still on the market.
Also how much are houses over the true value of the house (VA Appraisewr)

Answers

5
Johanna Rhoads’ answer
I would agree that a few months is a good amount ahead of time to begin looking, even if just on the internet. What city in Nebraska are you moving too? If Lincoln, I would love to send you appropriate listings, just let me know.

Johanna Rhoads
Johanna.Rhoads@woodsbros.com
The local market in the area where you are planning to move, is the most important information you need. Most homes in our area Northeast Nebraska are selling in 90-120 days if priced appropriately. However, each area has its own distinct market and you need to know the market you're interested in. However I agree that its never to early to start looking. I would find an agent or broker in the area and talk to them about upcoming listings, so they can begin inquiring to people they know about possibly listing their homes. Good luck, Nebraska is a great place to live!
We ve recently moved to NE. There are too many houses for sale, the problem is that owners don't understand they r overpricing them, until it s like a year or two, that s when they go down by 25-35%.
It may be too early to look at indvidiual homes but not too early to meet with a local and trusted mortgage broker to get prequailified, let them know when you are moving so they can start the process. you can also start looking at neighborhoods to know which you like or dont like. If you want to close in march then you should start looking in Dec , good luck with your move
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Sweeper,

Buying a home is serious business and one of the most important decisions you'll engage in during your lifetime. With this said, having access to and an understanding of the local real estate market cannot be understated.

The task in front of you is to become as informed about the real estate market as possible so that when the best opportunity presents itself, you will be able to identify it and respond in a manner that places you in the best buyer's position.

There is no such thing as starting too soon but there is a very real danger of being under informed. Begin NOW and work hard to become an expert. This can be facilitated greatly by working with an experienced local realtor...one that understands your plan and is willing to support it.

Best wishes,