Home Buying in Denver>Question Details

Veda Behfars…, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA

We are moving to Denver in July. I'm arriving on 06/17 to find a rental until our home sells in Atlanta, then we will buy. Looking for an agent.

Asked by Veda Behfarshad, Atlanta, GA Sun Jun 9, 2013

Family of four. Can pay $800-$1100 for rent. Want to tour multiple areas of Denver metro with preferably a Female Realtor for safety reasons.

Answers

19
Hi Veda,

Congrats on your move to Denver. Are you going to get your Colorado real estate license?

Our rental market is booming and leasing fees are at an all time high. The best source for finding rentals is craigslist; I would suggest you start researching to familiarize yourself with what you will find in the $800-$1100 range. With your family of four, do schools play into the area in which you will be looking? If so, you'll want to check out the different schools and their boundaries: http://www.greatschools.org/colorado/denver/

If you can share where you will be working and the type of community amenities you would like, I am happy to suggest some neighborhoods where you may want to look. Denver also publishes a great online relocation guide: http://www.denverrelocationguide.net/

You should also know that rental properties are often secured within the first 48 hours of when they are listed. In other words, if you need time to sleep on it, you may not get to sleep in it. The list of available rentals changes every day.

I don't know of any rental companies that will "tour" you around town. I am happy to address any questions you have and assist you in researching neighborhoods. Also, please check out my website for additional relocation information.

Jean Stevens
Broker/Owner, CRS, MCNE, E-PRO, GREEN, TOP 5
The Stevens Group
http://www.ColoradoLiving365.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 9, 2013
Hi Veda - Hope you & your family made it to Colorado safely and found a great place to rent. If you are in the Denver area and would like to discuss possibly purchasing your next home/investment I am available to chat. Let me know if you would like to meet for coffee within the next week or two. Julie

Julie Bloch Burton - Broker Associate, Realtor®
Brixton Real Estate - http://brixtonassociates.com/
Cell Phone: 970.396.7435 | Fax: 720-306-2397
email: julieb@Brixtonmail.com
Hello Veda, I understand Atlanta's market is quite different from Denver. What is your expectation with a budget of $800? You mention you are a family of four, $800 in Denver is about the starting price of a nice one bedroom loft in downtown. How far out from the city center are you considering? How many bedrooms/baths are you contemplating? How long a lease will you sign?
What does an agent's gender have to do with safety? I find it offensive that you would pre-judge anyone's integrity and professionalism based on gender. Good luck to you.
Hi Veda,

I would love to help you. I handle SW Denver Metro region. Give me a call my cell phone number is 303-548-5255. Hope to talk to you soon.

Margie Teufel
Keller Williams Executives Realty
mteufel@kw.com
highpinesrealty.com
Hi Veda,

Margie Teufel
Keller Williams Executives Realty
mteufel@kw.com
highpinesrealty.com
Hi Veda,

Margie Teufel
Keller Williams Executives Realty
mteufel@kw.com
highpinesrealty.com
I would love to help you and your family find a home for you here in Denver. I work with several property management companies that would be able to help you with your rental needs. Please feel free to contact me with any and all questions.
I am with RE/MAX Southeast
303-501-0528
camillesimms@remax.net
Hello, welcome to Colorado! I am sure you will love it here. I moved here 3 years ago from CA and just love it. What brings you out here? I would love to help you find a home and will see if we have a property manager that works with Coldwell Banker. In the meantime, feel free to give me a call at 720-378-3988 so that I can get a little more detail about your wants and needs. Looking forward to working with you!
How does a female Realtor make you more safe?
Felicia Camarena, Real Estate Pro in Denver, CO Hi Veda, I know of a couple of rentals that are coming up on the market in July. I would like to talk with you in detail in regards to where your job is located and if you have children and what their age is. The reason for that is we have great family communities as well as adult living communities. Just to get a good idea as to what would be a good fit for you. Feel free to give me a call 720-338-1766 thank you
Hi Veda,

Our company has a great rental group, and they will "tour" you around town to look at the properties, though there is a small fee associated with that tour. They have female leasing agents that could tour you if that is what you are comfortable with. Please go ahead and look at their site, http://www.DenverRental.com, to contact them. The sooner the better ~ that way they can have homes that meet your parameters set up by the time you arrive.

I would caution you on Craigslist ~ while there are many honest listings out there, there is also a lot of fraud.

Best of luck in your Search!

Christine Nicholson
Kentwood City Properties
720-319-5591
Hi vida , I have a couple clients Im working with right now doing the exact same thing, I would be happy to help you out and can also be able to give you a few references too assist in your comfort level..Let me know if would like to chat …. you can contact me through Trulija at http://www.trulia.com/myprofile/ ...John Zambrano Inspired real estate
Hi Veda,

I would be happy to assist you with your home search here in Denver. I work all areas of Denver and can set up your search even before you are here. My company has a property management section where you may be able to find the rental while you are looking for your new home.

Let me know when we can meet over iced tea to discuss your search and I can also introduce you to several lenders that can assist with your financing.

You can look at my website http://www.landau-properties.com or reach out to me directly.

Rochelle Landau, Realtor® and ABR
Cherry Creek Properties
rlandau61@gmail.com
303-502-4930
You might want to start with talking to a lender. I had a couple in a similar situation and they were able to qualify for the home before selling their old house. In the end they ended up selling their property before closing. Let me know if I can help. P. S. I am also from Atlanta actually Kennesaw. What part of Georgia are you moving from.

Lake Bishop
720-277-9219
Lake@lakebishop.com
I am not female, but I'd love to help you. I was raised in Colorado and now live/work in Denver. Interview a few agents (maybe via phone) before you decide who to pick. My # is 303-882-1411 and I am with Keller Williams DTC. Thanks! And WELCOME to COLORADO!
Nicole Maestas with Keller Williams Denver Central

303-809-0252

Nicole is extremely friendly and knowledgeable.
Call Kim Kouba with Perry & Co.

(303) 204-8215

She will take care of you. Tell her I gave you her name.
Welcome to Denver, and I wish you the best of luck. The rental market here is as tight as the selling market, plus most agents don't show rentals. There are a few, though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one of them will find this post quickly.