Thomas Valan…, Renter in Naples, FL

We are looking to purchase a forclosure in Lely Island Estates, how do we find out if there are any? Thanks

Asked by Thomas Valanzola, Naples, FL Sat Feb 9, 2013

Answers

18
Thomas,

as you can see, the number of foreclosures on the market is really getting tight. The bigger question is, why are you limiting yourself to only distressed properties? If you are insistent on following that path, then your choice of agents is critical. I see a lot of common sense answers from professionals here, and would seriously consider contacting some and finding the one you feel will best represent your interests. In the meantime, understanding some of the costliest mistakes to avoid goes a long way in finding a great foreclosed bargain in today's market. Here are seven common mistakes to be aware of;

Mistake 1. All foreclosed homes are bargains.
Understand that the institution selling the property (lender, government agency, etc.) wants to clear its inventory. The home's condition is not their concern. Be prepared to do your homework -- and rely on a professional real estate specialist (like us!) -- to avoid any land mines.

Mistake 2. Overbidding.
Foreclosed-home buyers must know area home values, condition of nearby properties, neighborhood trends, street noise, airplane traffic, zoning and other issues that affect the property's value. Sometimes bank-owned REO properties are priced below market value to attract multiple bids and drive up the sales price.

Mistake 3. No inspection necessary.
Some buyers of foreclosed homes think a professional home inspection is too expensive -- that's a costly mistake. Lenders and others who sell a property "as is" may not be obligated to repair problems.

Only a licensed home inspector can identify problems from electrical wiring or plumbing to radon or pest infestation to serious structural or system problems. If you don't have inspections conducted on a property prior to making an offer, you'll want to include an inspection contingency in your contract. That contingency allows you to terminate the contract if inspections reveal problems the seller won't fix and you don't want to handle yourself.

Also, be sure to do a final walk-through inspection just before closing/settlement to ensure the condition of the property has not changed for the worse and that any agreed-upon improvements by the seller have been made to specifications.

Mistake 4. No clear title.
Most sellers of foreclosed properties will deliver a General Warranty Deed for the property, which guarantees that the seller holds clear title to the property and has the right to sell it to you. Be sure to add a clear-title contingency to your contract with the seller, just to make sure.

Having a professional title search conducted before closing/settlement is critical to ensure you won't be surprised by hidden ownership claims or liens. (A lien is a legal claim against a home for such things as unpaid property or income taxes, unpaid contractors or loans borrowed against the property. Liens can stay intact until the money is paid, which means you may have to pay off any outstanding liens as the new owner if the institutional seller has not already done so.) Without a clear title, you may not be able to get owner's title insurance to protect you against future unforeseen claims.

Mistake 5. Not buying owner's title insurance.
Your lender will require you to purchase a title insurance policy to protect the lender's investment against unexpected liens and claims. As the buyer, you can also purchase an owner's title policy to protect your own investment -- highly recommended when purchasing a property that has gone through foreclosure. According to the American Land Title Association (ALTA), a third of properties on which title investigations are conducted show some problem with the title that must be corrected before the sale is finalized.

Although buying your own policy could add hundreds (in some cases thousands) to your closing costs, the one-time cost of the policy provides protection, for as long as you own the property, against claims on the home that could arise after you become the owner. Consider buying upgraded owner's insurance (an ALTA-R policy) to protect against last-minute or unrecorded liens. You may be able to save a few hundred dollars on your policy by shopping around for the best price.

Mistake 6. Not enough cash.
Be prepared to pay for closing costs and fees or any repairs and unforeseen expenses, especially if you're buying an "as is" property with FHA financing that may require buyer-paid repairs to pass FHA inspection. A foreclosed home may not be a bargain if you can't afford to make it livable.

Mistake 7. Not enough patience.
To buy smart in the foreclosed-home market, you must do your research, learn about other higher or lower bids (if possible), property taxes, utility bills, liens, and so on. Take time for due diligence.

Mistake 7. Not asking enough questions.
Ask for copies of all relevant permits, repair receipts, surveys and inspection reports (if any). Inquire about past-due condominium assessments or
Hi Thomas,

Be sure to check my website http://www.foreclosurenaples.com
I have helped many clients purchase a foreclosure home and I can help you too.
Call me or email me and it will be my pleasure to help you.

Carmen Badan Foege
RealPro Realty llc
239-404-7576
Carmen@getnaples.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
All homes for sale on the MLS can be researched for you by a licensed agent- call today 239-682-5800 if you wish to have me help you as your agent. You can also search directly with banks and at the Homepath website.
Web Reference: http://www.agent4naples.com
Your best option is to find Realtors in Naples who will help you find a Foreclosure of your choice from their networks.
Below is a link of Realtors in naples
Hello Thomas -- Recommend choosing Realtor with experience in the community AND the Naples real estate market OVERALL -- Indeed, a professional with many years experience in buying, selling, AND owning property in the area will help you make the "highest and best" decision.

Of course, I do offer all of the above with 22+ years real estate brokerage experience.

William G. Scherer
Excel Real Estate Services, Inc.
800.217.1990
Excelrenaples@aol.com
Here are listings in the three areas of Lely that have foreclosures. There are great deals in Lely without going the foreclosure route. http://www.sunshinemls.com/search/emailToResults.asp?eid=6734675
Question: before it has been foreclosed upon or after? Need to know before I can answer. KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601...(2/9)
Hi Thomas,

We specialize in helping people to acquire foreclosed properties. We are linked directly to the lenders and we get notice on foreclosed properties before they even hi the market! There are actually 4 foreclosed properties in Lely right now. Contact us and let's get started! We will also like to offer you a free home warranty on your purchase. Let's talk. Call today!

Thank You,
The April and Jimmy Team
Realty Direct
Jimmy 239-877-3194
April 239-384-4663
AprilandJimmy@RealtyDirect.com
http://www.buyandsellswfloridahomes.com
None at this time, but here's what's available....

http://www.sunshinemls.com/search/residentialResults.asp?sid…
Hello Mr. Valanzola,
I will be happy to assist you in finding a foreclosure.
I will need more information from you, so kindly email
me with your specific home needs or call me and I will
guide you from through the latest data available to me.
Sandra Sanna
727-439-4400
sandra.sanne@yahoo.com or
sandra.sanna@floridamoves.com
Look forward to hearing from you.
Have a great day.
We can send you a list 8556275376
Thank you for contactingTeam1 Real Estate and our website property, http://www.NaplesRealEstateGuys.com
There are currently no foreclosures in Lely Island Estates. However, there are several homes available that are priced to sell. Lely Resort is one of the premier communities in Naples. Foreclosures in Lely are few and far between. As an on-site REALTOR in Lely Resort and full time resident I'd be happy to help you find the perfect home.

Glenna Froelich, PA REALTOR
Stock Realty on-site at Lely Resort
http://www.lelylifestyles.com
239-784-0166 Cell
239-449-3644 Office Direct
Find a good REALTOR that you are comfortable with and work with them. It will save you time and effort. There's no cost to you, as the seller pays the commission and you get tons of help!
Call me 239 825 2608 i will be happy to email u the list of available foreclosures.
thomas,
you can go to naplesbeachandhomes.com and search foreclosure or send me you email address and i will send you a list.
all the best,
leann anderson
leannNaples@aol.com
http://www.foreclosurenaples.com

No foreclosures at this time but keep this link handy.

http://www.foreclosurenaples.idxco.com/i/5837/lely_island_estates

Let me know if you have any questions.

Carmen
Asking a realtor to setup an automatic MLS search for you would be the best way to start. Then get more info about the REO purchase process. If I can be of any assistance to you by setting up a search. Send me an email through my profile by clicking on my picture here or follow the link below to my website.
Best of luck to you!

Danny
There are a few what price range? singlr family or condo?