Mdwband, Home Buyer in Carlisle, PA

We are looking to move to the West Palm Beach (or surrounding area) from central Pennsylvania.

Asked by Mdwband, Carlisle, PA Tue Aug 14, 2012

We have 4 German Shepherds. Our original thought was to rent for about a year and then purchase a home. However, all the homes for rent (that will accommodate dogs) seem to be between $1000-$1500/month in rent. A recent search has revealed that there are many homes for sale around $70k and below that would equate to a < $500/month payment. With the intention of buying an approx $250k home in a year or two, would it be best to rent or buy? Also, is Riviera Beach, Loxahatchee, West Palm Beach ok places to live? There are a lot of homes $70k and below, however, every realtor I've called immediately shuns all of the areas we're looking at. We're not looking for our dream house at first... plus we're limited with 4 dogs... can anyone make any recommendations or help us? Thanks!

Answers

10
Marc and Ginny Gagne 561-313-2035 --who replied to you here would be excellent choices!!
There are very few rental homes anywhere that will accept 4 large dogs. However, because there are virtually no restrictions of any kind in the most western portion of West Palm Beach, which is called the acreage, you may find a sympathetic landlord out there.

More important, you may find a home in that area for around $250,000 on a property of at least an acre that has plenty of room for your dogs to run around in.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http http://:www.JablonTeam.com
It will be very difficult to find any rental that will allow 4 large dogs. Most, but not all, homes from $100,000 and below need a lot of work and many can only be purchased with cash. I have worked with several buyers in this price range the past few months and it has been very difficult to find a decent property. One buyer is finally closing this week after writing 10 offers!

Why do you want to wait to purchase your $250,000 house? Will you have a job and what would you like your commute time to be? Do you have children so are schools a concern? These are all some things you should consider.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of any further help.

Vickie Meyer, ABR, CRS, CHLMS, CIPS, GRI, TRC
RE/MAX Hall of Fame
RE/MAX Masters
561-625-5555
vmeyer@remax.net
I live and work in the West Palm Beach area. Please contact me . will be glad to assist you
in either your rental or purchase.

James Loftis
561-284-8444
http://RealEstate911.com
Real Estate 911 Inc

having an issue finding a rental with 4 large dogs and already taking in consideration, to purchase a home, you should contact a lender regarding a mortgage loan.

You could then purchase a home which you are going to be living in for 1 to 2 years, until you are ready to purchase another one.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience regarding a mortgage loan pre-approval, if I may be of any service to you.

Have a great day!

Beate Rodriguez
Lic. Loan Originator
NMLS# 299 244

Beate.Rodriguez@HGFLoans.com
Cell: 954.695.4849
My wife (originally from Pittsburgh) and I would be glad to help you. There are very few areas that would allow the pets you have as a rental, but they are out there... just a matter of availability. That being said, if you're able to buy, that would be a better option since the interest rate is so low and the prices of homes are actually on the rise. Either way, we'd be more than happy to work with you to find the best option to meet your needs.

Marc and Ginny Gagne
marcgagne@kw.com
ginnygagne@kw.com
561-313-2035
Good morning, how soon are you looking to move? There are several homes on the market for sale. Purchasing over renting is a better option with your four German Shepards. I think it's great you have four of them. I love animals myself. Please contact me at 561-809-5534 or mejudge3@gmail.com if I can be of any assistance. Have a great day. Maureen Judge
Now is the perfect time to buy.With low interest rates and Home prices gaining momentum,I Target specific areas for my clients that are still low. Call Steven at 561-800-7660.
WOW! You have some real concerns I can certainly understand and appreciate you wanting to get the move correct!!

It has been many many years since the housing market has been more affordable to purchase a house then right now.

I work with a number of outstanding real estate and mortgage professionals in our area I have lived here since 1969 and will be happy to help you.

Brian Murphy
Murphy's Brightway insurance
561-598-6300
Moved to West Palm Beach over 25 years ago from Greenburg PA. About 4 years ago tought I would move back to Pittsburh and after about a year I was back in FL. It will definitly be harder to rent with 4 dogs than it woul be to buy. I recently found a house to rent for a client with 3 big dogs for about 1250 a month. If you would like I have a vast knowledge of the area here in West Palm and there are definitly some areas to stay away from if you are buying. Give me a call and I would be happy to help you understand the area better.

Wally
United Realty Group
5616016047