Home Buying in Flagstaff>Question Details

Momof4, Home Buyer in Flagstaff, AZ

We are looking to move to the Flagstaff area. We need great school and room to roam. Where should we start?

Asked by Momof4, Flagstaff, AZ Thu Feb 17, 2011

Answers

10
Try renting....

Some people decide to rent for a while until they can decide on a permanent place

.....check out our website for rentals.....some homes have flexble month-to-month terms....

http://www.RentalsFlagstaff.com

besides our rentals you may also want to try Craigslist....

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 20, 2011
Flagstaff is such a diverse area and there are lots of options for you. I have a lot of resources for you. I will need a little more info. in order to give you a better answer. You can email me at steven.thibault@century21.com or call 928-863-2946 Dan' s answer is very good and you should find an area that is close by schools that meet your requirements. Once you do go to http://www.greaterflagstaffrealestate.com to search for homes you may be interested in.
Steve Thibault
Century 21 Flagstaff Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 17, 2011
You would do yourself and your family a great favor by securing the services of a local Flagstaff real estate agent that's experienced, professional and friendly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 17, 2011
Momof4,
Agents have to be careful when recommending one area over another. I've attached a link to the AZ State School Report card. You can look through the site, compare districts or even schools and decide for yourself which schools meet your criteria. Based on that, you can select neighborhoods which surround the schools you like best.
I hope you find a great agent to help you find a great house.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 17, 2011
You should also consider Prescott. The Prescott area has slightly more people than Flagstaff. There is low crime here. There are great schools here. Much less snow and it's a bit warmer in the winter. Really, I think Prescott's elevation (5,300 feet) is the perfect elevation for Arizona (Flagtaff sits at 6,900 feet). Any higher and there is too much snow and it's too cold in the winter. Any lower and it's too hot and not enough of the four seasons. Call me if you are curious about Prescott
Dear Mom of 4,
Please email me and I can set you up with a portal to the exact type of home you are looking for in Flagstaff near the school of your choice.
BethT@flagstaffaz-realestate.com
I am currently ungoing treatment for Brain Cancer and not all that active in Real Estate at this time. Hoever my only liting is my own home. We are empty nester and down sizing anyway. Our house is one block from one of the better elementary schools in town. We are also in the south west end of Flagstaff, which is close to NAU, the airport and other more recent commercial development and shoping. The house is jusst under 3500 sqft, 5 bed / 3.5 bath. We just redued the price to $449,900 last week Our neighborhood is generally 1/4 to 1/3 acre lots. Ours is just under 1/3rd. If you are looking for more space, the outlying areas north and east would be your best bet, but more land is more money. Please send a response with more detail of your price range and other desires so that I can taylor your search more inline with what you need. rcook@cbnarico.com is my email for my Real Estate identity. Thanks!
School Information

Quality of education is one of the most important factors when moving to a new area. That is why full school report cards are available here for all areas.
When you say "room to roam," do you mean in Flagstaff's great outdoors, in a large house, or in your personal yard space? A good agent representing you will pin down your wants and needs and then show you options so you can make good choices. There area many school options in Flagstaff and depending on you much you want to be involved in transportation (or, if your kids are old enough, how much they want to ride their bikes and the city bus line), all options are open. Visit my website for links to school information -- though there is something new all the time. For example, by next Fall, Basis will have a charter in Flagstaff. First stop, a visit with me or one of my colleagues. Next stop, visit with mortgage lender to set your financial limits. Then the investigation of neighborhoods, schools and homes begins.
Flagstaff is such a great area in that it does offer lots of room to roam no matter where you live! But if you like personal space we do have acreage properties availalbe. I'm a big hiker, so love how much "roaming" Flagstaff offers and would be happy to share fun trails and outdoor activities with you! As a Realtor, we can't steer you away or toward certain areas, but I would be happy to get you all the information you need on schools so that you can make a decision that's best for you. When are you coming to Flagstaff and where are you moving from?