Home Buying in Greenville>Question Details

Emily Frohri…, Home Buyer in Rochester Hills, MI

We are looking to move from MI to SC. Should we be looking at purchasing a house right away or cont renting until we get a better feel for the area?

Asked by Emily Frohriep, Rochester Hills, MI Tue May 20, 2014

If you are looking in the Coastal South Carolina Area (Myrtle Beach), I would be glad to assist you. A lot of my out of state relocations face the same decision. I would recommend, planning a visit and meeting to narrow out some general criteria. Once you have an opportunity to tour some homes and neighborhoods, you will be able to decide whether renting and buying right away will best suit you. If you want additional information and/or a list of homes in the Myrtle Beach metro area, contact me at your convenience. Thanks.
We look forward to having you in the Carolinas. If you are in need of a Pre-Approval feel free to reach out to me at the contact information below.

Gabe Libutti

Sr. Loan Officer Branch Manager, NMLS ID: 504917
My suggestion is to Buy. The Greenville area is on the rise and property values continue to increase. It is also a great time to take advantage of the low interest rates as a buyer. Please feel free to contact me at 864-360-3082 with any and all questions.
What part of South Carolina are you moving to?

If you are currently willing and able to buy a home, you should. The first thing is to work with a lender (preferably one local to the area where you will be buying. Your agent should be able to recommend at least one that is reputable.) to determine if you qualify for a loan.

The fact of the matter is that if you are going to live in any home, you are going to be paying a mortgage. (or the equivalent) Period. The question is, if you are going to pay a mortgage, shouldn't be yours??
Homeownership also provides tax benefits that renting does not, is a great long-term investment, and it can help you build your credit. (Not to mention the other benefits such as pride of ownership, freedom to make the changes that YOU want, etc.)

If you would like to learn more about the process, I know an agent in that area that I would definitely recommend. Regardless of who you use as an agent, be sure to tell them if you or your spouse is a veteran (including active duty).