Home Buying in New Bern>Question Details

jojogurl2006, Home Buyer in New Bern, NC

We are looking to give an offer on a house. What is reasonable?!?

Asked by jojogurl2006, New Bern, NC Thu Jan 31, 2013

We want to make an offer on a house, its nice and big with almost an acre land. We did some research and the house is over 60 years old. It looks like they have done a little updating (fresh paint, new carpet etc.) We saw that the realtor company originally bought it from the bank that foreclosed on it for about 2/8ths the price they are asking for it. It still needs a little work. What would be a fair offer?

Answers

6
The amount offered should be based on the Fair Market Value of the property less the cost of any required repairs. As a Real Estate professional I can guide you through this process, saving both time and money.

Please let me know if I may be of help.

Rich
TheThe best thing for you is to get a professional Realtor from the area the house is located. That realtor is paid by the seller, so it does not cost you anything to use a Realtor. The Realtor can guide you in choosing the right house, at the right price, and guide you through the process to the closing of the property. He/She can help you with dealing with the lender, lawyer, and inspections. If I can be of service, please give me a call. .
You have a complicated process ahead of you. One little mistake can cost you lots of money and or grief. Most important is an experienced ethical real estate agent who will guide you through the process and serve Your interests. Your offer should be contingent upon inspection and approval of neigborhood. Reserve the right to cancel for any reason in the first ten days. Learn the market around the property and compare the purchase price plus fixing costs to the similar sold properties in the area. I could on here with another thousand words but I have written about all of these issues on the site Your-Road-Home.com. The site is the content of a seminar I delivered to over 25,000. It will serve you well. Consultation, Interviewing Real Estate Agents. Inspecting Your Home and Buyng a Fixer will all serve you. Gather information, gather information. When your ready you will find a number of agents on the Trulia site. Try out your new interview talents. Good Luck, Stephen Webber
Hi! There's really no way for me to know that without knowing what house it is. I recommend you contact a professional to help you with this. Obviously I'd be glad to take a look and it won't cost you anything. Even if the home is a foreclosure the seller will pay the commission. Please don't hesitate to give me a call or email me directly. Regardless of whether you contact me or not, I strongly recommend you call a professional. There can be a lot of pitfalls for an unrepresented buyer.

Nancy Crain
Coldwell Banker Willis-Smith
252.229.7534
nancy.innerbanks@gmail.com
10 people can give you their OPINION on what the property is WORTH; they will be all over the map.
Other than a SELLING PRICE, the only ways to determine the VALUE of a property is by an APPRAISAL, which runs about $400-$500, and a CMA, which is free from your Buyer's Agent.
You choose.
You really would be well advised to find yourself an experienced buyer broker to assist you. It's not going to cost you anything and I believe it's likely to save you time and money. I've attached a link below on what to look for and what to ask when you're interviewing buyer brokers. You are at a decided disadvantage if you start negotiating with the listing agent/ seller as they do this for a living every day and know the contracts you'll be using much better than you do.

No one here on Trulia is going to be able to really offer you much better advice unless they specifically know the property you're considering and have actually seen it.

hopes this helps.
Would you happen to have any good suggestions on who a good buyer/broker would be in the New Bern area?
Flag Thu Jan 31, 2013