Ramya, Home Buyer in Allen, TX

We are looking to buy one of the new Brookfield homes. Just wondering what upgrades do people go in for when buying a new home from the builder?

Asked by Ramya, Allen, TX Wed Jul 10, 2013

Answers

5
Builders have a standard flooring option which is usually tile in the kitchen area only with carpeting in the living and bedrooms (basics). If you wanted the wood flooring through out that is an upgrade and you would go through the design center to select the desired product and get the cost schedule. They allow you to finance 50% of the upgrades normally so keep that in mind. The remaining 50% would need to be a cash deposit.

I have been in the sales office a few times so let me know if you need any help. If you wanted wood floors you would need to purchase the home prior to it being finished in order to select your own flooring. I live in that neighborhood so I have been watching it go up.

Asking for washer/dryer and frig may be an option if they have a home to sell quickly. Incentives are always given on homes that need to sell faster. You may not get the floors you want so it's always a trade off.
The upgrades my new home buyers are selecting is definitely wood floors, and if vinyl is standard upgrading that to tile, then they add Air Conditioning and counter tops.

Also, keep in mind, new construction does not include window covering, so you will want to make sure to budget for those essentials.

All the best to you in your new home.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
Ramya,

Granite kitchen counter tops, ss appliances, hardwood floors, tile flooring in kitchen and baths, granite counter top bath vanities, jetted tub.

Thanks for the quick response Chris. Granite countertops , gas range, microwave oven, dishwasher and an oven are included. Refrigerator, washer and dryer are not included. Also, we are looking for hardwood floors on the first floor, which is again an upgrade and not included by the builder. Is this a common scenario among new builders?
Westbury should have homes with upgrades included in the current pricing. Countertops and appliances are usually the main upgrades. If budgets allow flooring upgrades would be next. Most times the builder will choose counters, appliances and flooring to keep the construction process on schedule.
Web Reference: http://www.chrismosher.com