Home Buying in Elmira>Question Details

Stjoseph, Home Buyer in Elmira, NY

We are looking to buy investment properties for rent, which areas to avoid?

Asked by Stjoseph, Elmira, NY Sun Jan 2, 2011

My husband and I are looking to invest in rental property. I am from the area but do not know Elmira very well. I know there are sketchy parts. Could anyone give us an idea of which streets or blocks to avoid? Any help is very appreciated!! Thank you in advance!

Answers

4
Anna Brocco has the best adivce for answering your question. read her comment below.

To help in your researach visit Emira-Corning Board of Realtors website as there is much good information for the local area. Zillow.com is also a very helpful tool when determing location and values.

When you have determined the location you would like to take a look at please give me a call to assist with further questions you may have. Cynthia Manning 607-731-0227.
I have a listing for sale on Hoffman st. Great neighbors, big nicely maintained apartments. Abholmes2b@hotmail.com
West of Hoffman is best, if possible.......I currently have my 2 unit on W Gray in West Elmira for sale by owner. If interested, contact me kenjunk1211@gmail.com
Since real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, you should check out demographics/ area statistics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached. Research the area(s) online, visit in person more than once, and at different times of day, look at anything of importance to you, possibly chat with locals, etc., then make a determination....