Lorraine.gro…, Home Buyer in New Smyrna Beach, FL

We are looking to buy in New Smyrna and are wondering about being on the no drive vs drive part of the beach?

Asked by Lorraine.grogan, New Smyrna Beach, FL Wed Oct 3, 2012

What would be considered the most desirable part to stay? We do intend to rent the condo when we are not using it.

Answers

9
Melynda Johnson’s answer
Loraine, I lived ocean front in a condo for 3 years and owned for 10. There are pros and cons for both areas. There more to watch on the driving beach but people with young children seem to like no driving. I rented my condo when we were not using it. Central beach area is preferred by many because of its close proximity to Flagler Ave, restaurants, shops and Publix. New Smyrna is a great little town with lots to do. It is a nice place to own a condo and only a short distance to attractions. Let me know if I can help you with condo searches.

Melynda Johnson
Herb Lubansky Realty
melyndasjohnson@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
i would get a pet friendly condo for renters and a heated pool as close to Flagler Avenue...more money from pet owners then from families with small children...
Lori
fabrentals@aol.com
I have 5 kids and 12 grandkids....beaches are wonderful when the only thing chasing the childred are seagulls....cars, not child friendly.....besides a drive beach will be crowded , the no drive , quiet
Are you planning to use the condo? It would be best to rent first before you buy and explore th earea to avid buyer remorse because it is not as easy to "return" something these days. Beaches are a great rental property if you know what you are doing. Do you live nearby? Who will be there to check on the property when you are not there?

I have a condo in Daytona for listed for sale with my broker that can rent by the day. How many rooms do you need in a unit?

You can e-mail me at
relocateisapieceofcake@gmail.com (relocate is a piece of cake)
The difference between the two beaches is just what they say. A large section of our beach has historically been a drive-on beach. This beach goes from the Ponce De Leon Inlet to the north to 27th Ave. to the south. Many people live-on and use this beach, but even though the cars drive very slow,, children need to be watched. The non-driveing beach stretches from 27th Ave. south to the Canaveral National Seashore Park which is also a non-driving beach. Here there is no parking and no vehicles..
Any other question you have about our area please direct to me, fredfair@watsonrealtycorp.com or my website, http://www.jenandfredfair.com.
I am a lifelong resident of this area and not many know it better!
Not all condos have the same rental policies so if that is your intention after purchase I would be sure to look at that aspect first then determine which part of the beach you would like to be on based upon what is available after that. And yes the no drive beach is more desireable because people with kids prefer not to have to worry about the cars.

Hope that helps, if I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.TheBeachLady.com
As a rule the majority of people prefer a no-drive beach. Noise, crowds and traffic are all considerations. The exact value in no-drive v. drive-on cannot really be measured. You might want to rent in either area during a holiday weekend to see how you like it.

Take Care,
Les
There are great communities on both the driving and non-driving portions of the beach. If you would like to discuss the pros and cons of both area please give me a call.
Greg Holbrook
Watson Realty Corp.
386.689.4700
gregholbrook@watsonrealtycorp.com
I reccomend the No-Drive Beach as it tends to hold more value. The No Drive beach is the most desirable by renters and is preffered by many renters. In my opinion the No Drive Beach is the way to go when making a beachside purchase.