Newintown, Home Buyer in 22101

We are looking to buy a house in the McLean, Virginia area. Would anyone know which parts are the quietest and don't suffer from aircraft noise?

Asked by Newintown, 22101 Tue Nov 10, 2009

Answers

5
Ramesh Chandra’s answer
I just noticed u posted this for 22101.
Most areas in 22101 r quiet.
In fact the most expensive places like Crest Ln,Ballantree , river and Langley forest r close to Potomac and National Airport compared less expensive areas.
rgds,
Ramesh Chandra
703 635 8209
mepcigroup@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 10, 2009
It is better to decide ur price range and then look for the quiet pockets.
It is not like living near Newark airport.
Most areas r atleast tolerable.
rgds,
Ramesh Chandra
703 635 8209
mepcigroup@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 10, 2009
I have lived in McLean since 1972 - a realtor since 1982 and there are many places that are quiet and STILL close in to all the amenities. Basically property along the Potomac River has the most airplane noise - on cloudy days sometime air traffic is rerouted over some other parts of McLean. What kind of property are you looking for? Single family detached? townhome? large lot? Close to "downtown" McLean? Commuting to DC? Tysons area? I would be happy to give you an orientation to the McLean area with no obligation! Charlotte O'Conor, McEnearney Associates, Inc., 703-790-9090
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 10, 2009
Good Morning new in town and welcome,

Having lived in McLean for many years, I can tell you that McLean is a great town, and I'm sure you'll love living there. There are plenty of quiet areas in McLean that do not have a lot of aircraft noise. Parts of McLean are indeed on the approach pahs to Reagan National Airport, but that is mostly by the Potomac River. There are some other areas that will incur some aircraft noise, but it shouldn't bad at all. McLean is really not on the approach or take off routes for Dulles airport, so that should not be a problem.

I suggest you connect with a Realtor who knows the area, and have them show you around, and help you get familiar with the area prior to making a committment on a home. You might want to interview two or three Realtors to see whom you're most comfortable with, and who has the experience to assist your family with your evaluation and purchase.

If I can answer any further questions for you, please feel free to write or call. Good luck with your search.

Andy Krumholz, ABR, GRI, CDPE
(703) 599-4755
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 10, 2009
There are many homes in McLean that back up to park areas. The ones along the Pimmitt Run Stream are exceptionally good for quite. They are also near the town so you get the best of both worlds. For complete country setting, Great Falls and the Langley areas have large lots and wooded areas.