Renee, Home Buyer in 80923

We are looking to buy a house in Brevard County FL. Is it possible to read the HOA rules before considering any certain neighborhood?

Asked by Renee, 80923 Mon Aug 30, 2010

Answers

2
Contact a local Title Company in that county and they can print up any subdivision HOA Rules and Regs you are considering to buy in for a small fee, or they can email what they have on PDF files to you. It is best you look around first to know if you like a certain subdivision before you put a Title Company through a lot of work. I let customers know if they like a subdivision, to visit it all different hours of the day, especially around dinner time when most of the cars will be home to see if there are parking issues. I've seen some homes so close together with only 1 car garages with parking for only one car per household outside of a garage. This lets you know how crowded things will be in the evenings and weekends. The other issues should be covered in the covenants. Any purchase contract should be made contingent upon you reviewing the title commitment too and those documents are part of the title commitment; but be sure to ask for all book and pages when the commitment is ordered on your closing instructions and keep your review within those contingency deadlines. Once you pass a deadline for review and reply, you can not use this as an out to Not buy the home any longer.
Hi Renee. Absolutely, it's possible! Find a real estate agent to work with and ask them to procure you a copy of the HOA rules/regs because you're interested in a particular neighborhood/development. I do this all the time for my buyers, most HOAs are willing to cooperate and hand over a copy for your review.

GOOD LUCK on your purchase!

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL