Sean, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

We are looking to buy a condo in Old City with a nice amount of space. We prefer a newer building. A building

Asked by Sean, Philadelphia, PA Sun Aug 10, 2008

at 237 N. Bread Street keeps popping up. It looks really nice. Does anyone know anything about this building/location, etc? Thanks!

Answers

8
Mike McCann’s answer
Hi Sean,
You picked a stunning spot in Philly. I have a few listings thats you might like:

(Newer) 309-13 Arch St 509 is a 2BD/2BA plus loft den Hoop Skirt Factory condo, with soaring wood beam ceilings, wood flooring and large windows with views of the Ben Franklin Bridge!

(Newer) 112 N 2nd St 6B aka The National is a 3BD/2BA penthouse condo with breathtaking river views, 2 balconies and 2 car garage parking.

(Not so new, but I doubt you'll mind is) 241-43 Chestnut St G. It's a penthouse that consists of 2,250ft of interior space and an 800ft spectacular roof deck, featuring parking, high-ceilings, whole-house entertainment system + the finest materials throughout.

I can show you any house/condo that you see listed by any real estate company in the city at any time that is convenient for you. I can also help you get preapproved for a mortgage if you have not done so already. My services are always free to you and my loyalty is always to you. I am available any time to answer any questions.

Best of luck,
Mike McCann

http://www.mccannteam.com
email: mccann@mccannteam.com
phone: 215.440.8345
facebook: Mike McCann, "The Real Estate Man" & His Five Star Team
Sean:

237 N. Bread Street is an amazing building. There is a beautiful loft for sale in that building right now. It is a 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Loft. It is about 2300 Square feet. It has a private elevator, bamboo hardwood floors, Parking Included, and 7 1/2 years left on the tax abatement. It was just build 2 years ago. It has a private balcony, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, central air and very high ceilings. The asking price for this loft at 237 N. Bread Street in Old City is $700k. That is just about $309/ sq. ft, which is super cheap for Old City real estate, considering most things in Old City are $350-$400 per square Foot. This condo in Old City just came on the market a few days ago, and my guess is it wont last long at this price. There are pictures of this loft at http://www.237nbread.blogspot.com . Please let me know if you would like more information. Thanks!

Noah Ostroff
Coldwell Banker Preferred - Old City
nostroff@cbpref.com
215-801-1587
Licensed PA Realtor

"We have YOUR best interest in mind"

237 N. Bread Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106

Old City Real Estate
Philadelphia Real Estate
237 N Bread is Hamilton Hall - 2 units are available in that unit. Is a great part of Old City. My wife and I have sold a multitude of properties in the area. We also lived there for many years ! Is fabulous. How much space are you looking for ? There is also 62 N Front St - completely knocked out - 2 floors, 2 br, 2 full baths, 2 half baths, for $774,900 and 2520 square feet - see:

http://www.thesomersteam.com/oldcity/index.php

I would suggest to consult your buyers agent to get you into all the buildings. If you are not working with anyone, feel free to contact us though our website below - you can call or send us an email.

On a personal note, I believe that the 2 premier spots in Philadelphia by far are Rittenhouse Square (number 1) and Old City/Society HIll. Over the course of next 5 to 10 years, I would not be suprised of Old City / Society HIll becomes the premier spot so from an investment standpoint, you are looking in a great area !

Good luck and look foward to hearing from you,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 10, 2008
Look around...there are lots of options. Mke sure you look at the financials, and overall health of any condo you think of buying. Not saying this as a reflection on 237....I'm just saying :-)
Mark Wade
http://www.CenterCityCondos.com
Sean. Did you ever buy? Check out http://www.westernunionbuilding.com. There is also a new resale at the Essex which is large.
Hey Sean
237 N. Bread street is a great condo building in Old City. You get the luxury of living so close to all the great restaurants, shops, galleries, however the street is more residential with the ability to get some peace from the craziness of Old City. Have you spoken to a mortgage professional to obtain a pre-approval letter yet? That is the first thing I recommend for anyone buying a property to do. It gives you the ability to know exactly what your options are in the buyers market. I have worked as a mortgage specialist for over 5 years and have lived in center city Philadelphia for over 8 so I work with my clients very hands on and I'm always available locally. I would love to be able to talk to you so feel free to contact me any time.

Alina Kanevsky
Lending Specialist

Strategic Funding
405 Kings Highway South
Cherry Hill, NJ, 08034
Phone: 856-429-2858 ext. 12
Fax: 856-429-4118
Sean,

I've just sold a 2 bedroom at York Square @ 319 Vine down the street. For the same price as 237 N. Bread, you get a newly constructed Olde City loft with doorman, balconies, gym and underground parking.

There are other units for sale here. (I'g be acting as buyer Agent, so I can give unbiased advice.)
Also, The National has some great deals as they close out the development.

BTW, Have you seen the Olde City Special Services District Report?

►►►►Knowledge is power. If you'd like a copy or more real advice, hit me up -
MoveSmarter@CBPref.com

#1 New Sales 2007 @ Coldwell Banker Preferred, 170 W. Independence Mall, (O) 215 546 2700
If I were you, I would shop around. There is a lot on the market right now in Old City, and some developers/sellers are more motivated than others. Some are even including a free parking spot with a purchase. You are looking in the right time of the year...August is slow for many sellers, and there may be some real deals out there for you to consider. Hope that helps! Feel free to drop me an email if you would like to chat.....
Thanks, Mark