Ram, Home Seller in 10016

We are looking to buy a condo in Murray Hill. Give the market conditions, what is the best price/sq. ft that

Asked by Ram, 10016 Sat Jul 12, 2008

we can bid for a 2B/2B? Also any suggestions to buy in the neighborhood would be highly appreciated.

Answers

5
There are many great deals all over NYC in today's market. If you have ever thought of any other area but because it was so expensive you may want to revisit those areas now, if interested. The price per square foot varies quite a bit based on certain criteria of the property. To give an actual amount now would not be accurate honestly. It all depends on what you are looking for in an apartment, i.e. amenities, fixtures, finishes, location, how long the property has been on the market, etc...

I would be more than happy to help you find ANY property you are interested in. My hours are open and I can accommodate any time you are available. This past two weeks I have personally visited over 22 Open Houses and 6 were in that specific area, none the less one seen was one of the best bargains I've seen in that area & once the 2nd Avenue Line gets up and operable the prices will more likely go up (depending on state of economy & other factors).

Brian Moore
917.215.5300
bmoore@manapts.com
Murray HILL is probably one of the best areas in Manhattan to find a good price for what you are looking for the market has not gone down and is going up the prices asked now are very close to what they are getting. Depending on the reason the seller is selling will determine the price. I live in Murray Hill myself and the more desirable apartments will go fast and at a good price. I think you should expect to find prices between $1000 - $1200 per sq. ft and the buyers have been coming out there is no new inventory coming to market and supply and demand is keeping the prices up. If I can help you feel free to contact me Efrom Allen at Best Buy New York Realty LLC
According to Miller Samuel - Murry Hill neighborhood - the average price per square foot for a 2 bd, 2 bth home, during the 1st Quarter was $1,209. For the 2nd Quarter, the average price per square foot was in the mid $1400s.

If you're looking for additional recommendations on selling in Murray Hill, interview a few Realtors and choose someone with whom you feel comfortable. If you're looking for recommendations on buying in Murray Hill, you should think about hiring an exclusive buyer's agent. They'll provide useful market information on the type of the apartment, the type of building (full service, attended lobby, non-attended lobby, differing amenities), days on market, listing discounts, etc... Good luck. Contact me if you would like a referral or more info.
Volume is down but prices are actually up this year vs last year. It continues to be a buyers market with more inventory. Although many listings are still at higher prices, the actual offers and deals are getting m,ade at lower prices. Tthe gap between the asking and sales price is widening. In modern condos with amenitiues, like the Corinthian where I live and work, prices are appproximately $1100/SF for a 1 BR and $1200/SF for a 2 BR. Slightly lower on low floors and slightly higher for high floors.
David Vipler
Vipler Realty LLC
The Corinthian Condominiums
917-375-5673
dvipler@msn.com
http://www.viplerrealty.com
.
Web Reference: http://www.viplerrealty.com