Home Buying in Bayside>Question Details

Geir, Home Buyer in Astoria, OR

We are looking to buy a Garden Apartment in Bayside.

Asked by Geir, Astoria, OR Mon Aug 11, 2008

But it seems like all the 2BR are only 750 sft. Is this the norm? We are looking for a 2BR between 240 000 to 260 000 what can we get for this in Bayside? Thanks in advance.

Answers

4
Just wanted to leave a few thoughts here...many things need to be considered (schools, unit size, yes or no to a pet, etc.) when buying. Please have optimising the protection/preservation of your capital on your list too! After all, would you buy a share of stock w/o doing the best analysis you could on the corporation behind it? Simple legwork (read: take a stroll, and have a look, around) esp. on summer afternoon weekends alone could prove useful in making a decision...maybe even walk into the management office (IF you can...LOL) and attempt to "size up" some of the folks whose jobs it is to look out for your equity. After all, it is the SHAREHOLDERS who pay their salaries, right? Well, good luck in the hunt....and, be careful out there. :)
You can get right outside Bayside at the Clearview Gardens. 2 Bedrooms go for around 220, I think, and they are basically all Garden Apts. The Q16 and an express bus is up there, the Cross Island Parkway is up there, so is the Clearview Expressway, and Clearview Golf Course. Bay Terrace Mall is nearby, and there is a smaller mall near Fort Totten Park,, which is a nice park, btw.. It has great elementary schools, and a nice view of the bridge. My son goes to school at PS 209, one of the best in NYC- the non alpha fourth grade passing % is in the high 90's I believe.

The only drawback is that if you want Bayside because of the LIRR access, you won't be anywhere near it.

Good Luck, Antolin
Geir, please provide you email address and I will send you a list.

Henry
917-497-0729
please let me know what Garden apartments are available in Bayside, thanks!