Swilkins, Home Buyer in 77385

We are looking into building a home in the Spring/Woodlands/Conroe Texas area. Do you know of a builder who has a mother-in-law apartment option?

Asked by Swilkins, 77385 Wed Feb 3, 2010

We are willing to either build in a community or on our own lot.

Answers

6
I have several builders to choose from. Most will work with you on your floorplan, but a lot has to do with the area and what the building requirement are for either that subdivision. Send me your email or phone number and I'll make sure you get the appropriate builder that fits your needs.
You can reach me at 832-754-6200
Hi, I am Maggie Brokaw, with Century 21 Ward & Co, Conroe. Our owners are builders-and would love to build your home for you,cjward@ JerryWardhomes.com-just email them they would be glad to help or call them at 935/588-4004- Ward homes builds all over Montgomery Co and we are next to Lake Conroe,beautiful area for you.
As Jeremy Larkin stated, Bender's Landing is a great community. We used a builder out of Conroe, TX and built in Magnolia, TX. (Magnolia, TX has many communities with acreage lots to build a home.) I would not use the same builder again, but I can recommend a builder who we should have used. His company is Evermon Homes (owner, Jeremy Evermon). He is extremely informed and a very nice man. He built another home in our acreage neighborhood and the residents love him. We made a huge mistake with the builder we chose (we thought he was going to be $30K cheaper, but in the end wasn't!) As we found out too late, our builder quoted us low to get our business, and we ended up with a smaller home with cabinets that don't match, a Seer 13 HVAC instead of a Seer 14 (which was quoted in our contract) and a builder that was terrible to deal with. Mr. Evermon's price was exactly what we ended up paying the builder that quoted us so low. Make sure the budget for everything, i.e., lights, ceiling fans, flooring, etc. is reasonable. If not, you will soon make up the difference for going over budget. Mr. Evermon also has a fantastic architect who can design your home according to your needs and may even have already built a home with a mother in law apartment. Good luck and please research the builder you choose very carefully!
I would love to talk to you about this. I have a lot for sale in Benders Landing Estates (build on your lot community). You are pretty much free to build what you want although the plans have to be presented to a board. Either way you should be able to build a mother-in-law suite out there. 832-622-8100

The only other builder I have seen that will build something like that is Trendmaker Homes. I would love to help provide you some direction. Call me anytime.
Web Reference: http://www.houstonicon.com/
Yes, Lynn below is correct. It will be finding the subdivision that allows such a plan to be built....Unless you go unrestricted. If you build in a subdivision, make sure you are aware of the Deed Restrictions ahead of time....There are many sudivisions that do not allow mother-in-law plans, especially in The Woodlands.....
Any builder can convert plans for conversion. It's your home built to your specifications. They just need have in standard contract how to modify given area which easy to convert

Lynn911