Home Buying in Sunrise Manor>Question Details

judybunting94, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

We are looking for a manufactured housing community w/pool, in the Las Vegas area.

Asked by judybunting94, Las Vegas, NV Sat Jul 28, 2012

We are interested in buying a manufactured home complete with utilities and possibily furniture included. We are retired, and need to be in a good area.

Answers

3
Steven Goldman, CRS, Realtor’s answer
Good morning Judy,
It is a wonderful time to be moving to Las Vegas. You question is a bit concerning. Many people believe a "manufactured home" is a home that has wheels sometimes called a mobile home. The wheels are sometime removed and the coach is placed on a permanent foundation. These are a very bad investment. It is just like a car and continues to go down in value every day. You then end up living in a car on concrete blocks. You can locate these in Las Vegas mostly on rented lots which you will never, ever own. You then end up living in a car on concrete blocks in someone else's yard. I personally would never, ever recommend a "home" like these for many reasons.
The major one is that you are stuck on a rented lot you will never own with a piece of personal property that will cost $3000 or more to move, with no place to move it to.
The walls are made thinner to allow the structure to be moved easily on a trailer. Insulation is not as good, and they almost never mate the pieces together perfectly. That is the reason that they always have lots of trim to hide the alignment issues.
When we chat, I will be glad to tell you of personal experiences with "manufactured homes".

There is also a "manufactured home" that is assembled elsewhere and brought in on a truck. The home is assembled on site. These homes meet all of the local building codes as stick built homes. Builders use this technique to save cost when building track homes. These can be built very well. The builders using this method are almost all out of business. (What does that tell you?).

In the local market, you can live in a stick built home for the same or less than a modular home. Please tell us why you would want to be looking only at modular homes? I suggest you ask your realtor to show you all homes in your price range. Your Realtor will be knowledgeable in the types of housing available in the area as well as the advantages of each type.

Happy house hunting and welcome to the Las Vegas area.

New Web Sites:

http://www.SHORTSELL4FREE.INFO

Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
REO-BPO Certified
GRI, ABR, SRES, CNHS, PM, CCI
Realty One Group
10750 W. Charleston #180
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Direct 702-242-1372
Fax: 866-286-2099
E-Mail: crssteven@teamgoldman.info
http://www.teamgoldman.info
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 28, 2012
Hi Judybunting94,
I can help you find the right community and home that you are looking for.
Please give me a call or send me an email.
John J. Longeway- Your friendly neighborhood Realtor®
Realtor®
Keller Williams Realty Southern Nevada
office:702-777-0002
cell:702-325-4833
email: jjlongeway-homes@kw.com
http://www.jjlongeway.kwrealty.com
Mrs. Bunting,

It would be my please to help you find a home that acknowledges what you look for in a home. Call or send me an email direct.

Have a Great Day,

Christopher L. Romero
ImYourLVAgent@gmail.com
702.787.1167
Realty ONE Group
My e-mail address is judybunting94@yahoo.com. We are looking for manufactured housing in a gated community for people over 55. It needs to be in a good neighborhood, 2 beds/1.5 baths, appliances included. We don't want to buy a house.
Flag Sat Jul 28, 2012