Home Buying in Conneaut>Question Details

Angela, Home Buyer in 44030

We are looking for a house in a 20 mile radius between Pa and Ohio. Could a realtor from Ohio do a Pa house or vice versa?

Asked by Angela, 44030 Tue Nov 3, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


Many agents who live in areas that border two or more states carry licenses in both states. I am sure that you can find one that does and you can be loyal to that agent.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 4, 2009
Hi Angela--there are several Realtors on the OH/PA border who carry a dual license. I've ust passed the PA Broker exan, but haven't yet had my license issued. If you care to contact me directly, I'll suggest a few Realtors who will be able to immediately help you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 8, 2009
I would think you should be able to find an agent who is licensed to work in both states in the area. Call around or search the web. Unless it is a real rural area. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 4, 2009
Unless they carry two licenses, one for each state then they personally could not handle the transaction. What you could do is see if there is a brokerage that has offices in both states. They have two agents help you for the transaction and when you buy, they can split the commission.

Just remember that an agent is more than a tour guide and they do much more than show homes and are strictly on commissions. So when you find an agent or two and are happy with them, stay loyal to them and they will be loyal to you.

Any reason why you are considering looking in two states opposed to one?

Sean Dawes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 3, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer