Home Buying in Lake Nona>Question Details

Jeanette Webb, Other/Just Looking in Lake Nona, Orlando, FL

We are looking for a home in the Lake Nona area as our daughter & family live in East Park and grandson is in that school district.

Asked by Jeanette Webb, Lake Nona, Orlando, FL Mon Dec 3, 2012

We want a single family one story home or two story with master on first floor. Would like a covered pool if possible. 2 car garage, 3 bedroom or 2 beds with a study, 2 baths, around 2,000 sq ft. Would like 2000 or newer. We have not put ours up for sale yet, but plan to when we get most of our things packed which we are doing now. Much easier to sale if most personal things are removed. This is not a question exactly just looking to see what is there. If find the perfect house at the perfect price will put down payment and pay rest when we sale.

Answers

11
Hello Jeanette,

As a grandmother myself, I can certainly appreciate your desire to be closer to your daughter's family and especially your grandson... they grow up so fast and your should not miss out on the
opportunity to play an active part in his life.

You've received lots of good responses here, however the best so far has come from
Don Shippey/ReMax Properties SW. He is being realistic about sellers not accepting offers that
are contingent upon the sale of your current home. If you own your home free and clear, that removes some of the challenges, however it sounds like you may need to qualify for financing in the event your home does not sell quickly. Meeting with a mortgage loan consultant as soon as possible is good advice so you can plan accordingly. I also would be happy to provide you with names and contact numbers of several reputable mortgage consultants in the Orlando area.

The Lake Nona area is probably the fastest growing area in all of Central FL and I believe a really choice place for future growth in home equity now that the housing market seems to be on the rebound as evidenced by the low inventory of homes currently active on the market. In addition to re-sale homes, a newly constructed home may be a good option you should consider.

If I can assist you any further, please feel free to give me a call.

Thank you for your posting on Trulia.

Suzanne Ogden
Real Estate Consultant
ABES Realty, Inc.
(407) 234-1098
sogden943@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 3, 2012
I read your answer and I think I missed it the first time I read through all the answers. But I think it was there when I sent a blanket reply to everyone so you probably got that. So you know more of my situation and what I really wanted was for Trulia to send me only real estate that was what I was asking for but I seem to get a lot of other areas and prices. There is so much to contend with on foreclosers and short sales one never knows how much it is going to cost in the end. A lot of them also have home problems and people wreaking the places before leaving. They got took and trying to take back. It is sad reality. Yes we could buy lower and then have money to fix up but not sure that is what we want to do. I am in my 70's and my husband is 80 with health issues, so not a good idea. May have to spend more than we want but that we will have to declde at that time. Right now just need to check out what is out there. Thanks.
Flag Mon Dec 3, 2012
Hi Jeanette,

Lot's of "pick me" answers, but not a lot of substance. What you want is going to be relatively hard to find. I did check and there is only one house that comes close. Here are the details: http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=3949765…

The real problem will be finding a house that small that has it's own pool. Pools tend to be added to larger houses built on larger lots. The one I found you is actually the smallest house in the area with a pool. (I was in it a while ago and it is a very nice house by the way.)

Not sure what perfect price is to you. Other than a few short sales with ficticious prices, the days of $80 a sq ft bargains in the Lake Nona area were over long ago. With a pool expect to pay at least $110 to $120 a sq ft.

Did you know that you can check out my references and the references of the other agents that answer right here on Trulia? Just click on our pictures to go to our profiles and read what our clients say about us. Pick the person you’d be most comfortable to work with. Of course I hope it’s me, but if not then best of luck to you.

Good luck, Mark
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
We have a 4BR Townhome in Lake Nona. 2 Car Garage with a study. 1993 S Feet, built in July 2012. Community Pool, Tennis, Basketball, and Playground Master BR on the 1st Floor
Email me if you are interested.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Have to know the price.
Flag Sun Dec 9, 2012
Hi Jeanette,

Lake Nona is a growing area. I had the pleasure of touring several of the new homes in the area recently. The values are increasing due to the growth of the area, however you may be able to get new construction. Are you selling in Orlando? I can show you many different options, but it will depend greatly on what price range you are looking in. Take a second to look at my profile to see if you would be interested in working with me. I would love to an opportunity to sit down with you to discuss all of your real estate needs. Feel free to email me or call me directly and I can get you started. I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely
Jennifer Barker
407-334-4856
jenniferbarkerrealestate@gmail.com
Hello Jeanette, check out http://www.LearnLakeNona.com If you don't want BRAND new construction, Vista Lakes is very convenient to Lake Nona area and has great deals on homes built since 2005. Where are you living now? We can help you with listing your home for sale and getting started on this new path. Marilyn Singer, Licensed Real Estate Broker, List Right Realy, Inc. Orlando, FL
Jeanette,
My husband and I would be happy to assist you in finding a home in the Lake Nona area!
We have helped hundreds of families this year and are very familiar with that fast growing area.
How soon do you look to move, and have you secured financing if you plan to take out a mortgage.
We actually used to have an office very close to Lake Nona and think its a great place to live.
Looking forward to speaking to you in person.
I can be reached at angela@centralfloridaproperties.com or call me on my cell which is 407-432-6790.
By the way, I have the #1 Century 21 Team in North and Central Florida, and currently work out of the #1 Century 21 Office. Put us to work for you!
Angela
Hi Jeanette,
I am a Broker Associate in the REMAX office on Narcoossee Rd in the Outback shopping center. I wont cover the same topics already answered below. But you mention, "If you find the perfect house at the perfect price, you will put a down payment and pay the rest when you sell". You may want to speak to a lender to see if this plan will work. Almost all sellers will require a loan "Prequal", in order to consider your offer. Unless you own your current home free and clear, you may need to qualify for both payments for your suggested plan to work. Most sellers today will not accept an offer with a contingency on selling your other property in order to close.
Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss this. I will also be happy to suggest a great lender who can help you. Perhaps we can meet at my office and discuss your plans.

Best wishes,
Don Shippey
REMAX Properties SW
donrshippey@aol.com
407-925-2318
Hello Jeanette,

I'd love to help you in your home search and send you some listings that might fit your exact needs. While you're packing and getting ready to move, you're more than welcome to check out http://dkwak.kwrealty.com/ for all of the listings available out in Lake Nona. Considering newer homes are a preference of yours, I would love to introduce you to some home builders that might be able to accommodate for all of your needs. Best of luck to you, I hope you're able to find the home that you want!

Warmest Regards,
Daniel Kwak
danielkwak@alumni.ufl.edu
407-506-9156
Hi Jeanette:

I am very familiar with Lake Nona area, I have been inside of virtually every single community there and have handled numerous transactions. I just closed another deal over there this past week and closing another this coming week. It is truly the most exciting part of Orlando as far as positional for growth & appreciation,...

Below is the link to any and all properties for sale in Lake Nona area:

http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/areas/…

There are also certain communities with Brand new homes that are not on the market so if you want a list of those communities just send me an email.

Hope this helps.

Abraham Bidhendi - Top Producer Realtor® with over 25 years of experience
Awarded as the TOP Buyer side Transactions in the State of Florida
We have had 165 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com Or abidhendi@ORLANDOPROPERTIESONLINE.COM
Website: http://reosofflorida.mfr.mlxchange.com/ Or http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Jeanette good afternoon.

Most properties in Lake Nona have been built from 2000 and on. There are some older than that but not many.
A lot will depend on how much you want to pay for the property. There is certainly availability in the 3/2 but it may have to be 4 beds with the kind of square footage you are looking for.

I live and work in Lake Nona and would be delighted to supply you with further information or put you on my database and give you access to my website so you can get an idea of what's available out there.
w
Just let me know407-453-0292

Raquel@orlandorealtyqueen.com
Hi Jeanette,
Thanks for turning to Trulia for your real estate questions.

What would your price point be?
That of course is a tough question as the market is regaining strength and prices are increasing everyday!
Also, would you want a short sale, bank owned, traditional?
And do you want something that may require some work?

We could all set you up with listings, but you may also want to find an agent to work with you.

Thanks a million,

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com