Home Buying in Ruskin>Question Details

Joanne Mcmil…, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

We are looking at properties (MH) in Ruskin and trying to find out the risks of a hurricane hitting the area, and also what if any kind of insurance

Asked by Joanne Mcmillin, Outside U.S. Mon Mar 29, 2010

should be purchase for the mobile home? Thanks!

Help the community by answering this question:


Rick Scherer and Kevin Reder’s answer
Should a hurrican move intothe Tampa Bay area, almost every nieghborhood will be at risk. One of the factors to consider is the elevation of the areas you are considering. Since flooding is one of the greatest threat from hurricanes, the higher the elevation, or feet above sea level, typically the more protected the property is going to be. The lender of the new property will require a certain amount of insurance coverage on the home. Although lenders might not REQUIRE flood insurance, I always recommend covering the property with flood insurance, as most of the Tampa Bay region is a flood risk area. If you currently have insurance on an existing property, you might want to contact them and ask them a few questions regarding the areas you are considering. Hope this helps, please let me know if there is anything we can do for you, Rick

Rick Scherer & Kevin Reder ALHS, CLHMS, P.A.
813. 892. 7907
Smith & Associates Real Estate

Tampa FL 33629
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 31, 2010
Contact an insurance agent, AAA is good place to start.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 30, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer