Home Buying in Anderson>Question Details

Vickie Aless…, Home Buyer in Gray Court, SC

We are looking at homes in Honea Path and noticed & wondered about the crime rate in Honea Path; it appears higher than the surrounding areas.

Asked by Vickie Alessandro, Gray Court, SC Sun Dec 30, 2012

Answers

4
Once you find a home, contact the Anderson Sheriff's office if it is Anderson County) and request a crime report; either for a particular house (address), for a street, or for a neighborhood.
We have lived here for 26 years in the downtown area. We have had one theft, but I don't think that is unusual for any town really. It's an exceptionally friendly place and about 30 minutes from Anderson, Greenwood, Greenville; so you get the small town living/livestyle, but can get to the 'big city' any time for anything you want that you can't find here. We have a super fire/rescue squad and the police dept works well with the county law enforcement when needed. I don't think crime here is any worse than anywhere else and in a small town, everyone watches out for each other. You don't get that in a big city!
We live in the Honea Path rural area and have never had any problems what so ever. We find the town itself to be a very friendly town and we have very nice neighbors.
I live in Honea Path and we have never had any problems. Would be happy to help if you need a local agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Thank you for your help. I have a realtor already. In the Fox Run area is the place I was talking about crime rate stats posted on the internet, is the crime rate high there?
Flag Mon Dec 31, 2012