Jimbo, Home Buyer in Near North Side, Chi...

We are looking at 4 buildings; 10 E Delaware, 25 E Superior, 21 E Huron, and 2 W Delaware--all pretty new. Any pros/cons on these? We want 3 beds,

Asked by Jimbo, Near North Side, Chicago, IL Wed Jun 23, 2010

views. Jim

Answers

5
Jim: Take a look at 415 E North Water St. Riverview West on the river for a new view of Chicago. Close to everything but quiet when you want to relax away from the hustle and bustle. Go to: http://www.thisfinecondo.com for 3 BR 3 BA. for all of the details.. Call 312-909-7109 any time for a showing
The top man in this country visits our building occasionally.
There is a lot i can tell you about these buildings, but I'm hesitant to discuss these sorts of issues online. Feel free to contact me, if you don't already have a Real Estate broker. The last thing I'd want to do is interfere with any existing relationship with another REALTOR.
Hi Jim,

All four condos that you have selected are great buildings. It just depends which ones have majority of features that you are looking for. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Shirin H. Rezania
Realtor ®, SFR
2009, 2008 Premier Service® Diamond Award
2009, 2008 Top Producer
Koenig & Strey Real Living
HomeServices of America - A Berkshire Hathaway Affiliate
900 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1700
Chicago, Illinois 60611
direct: 312.893.8129
cell: 312.493.7983
e-fax: 866-324-4369
http://www.ChicagoTopCondos.com
I think all of the buildings are nice, but I have to agree with Philip. New construction is just too risky right now. Why go with something that is not established yet. You may buy now, and then the developer doesnt sell so then they slash prices and you are 100k over the same exact unit next door. Just not a smart investment. I would buy in an established building. If you dont agree with me, go ask someone who purchased in the Silver Tower (303 ohio) a few years back. (or any other new construction that has seen prices plummet)

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
I tell clients to avoid new construction/conversions that were started during the bubble years because the cost/revenue projections went out the window when the market changed. Do not believe it when they tell you they are 70% or whatever sold. They play with the numbers big time and people are walking away from their deposits to get out. I have seen prices drop up to 30% in some of the newer projects just to unload them.....but not in these buildings......yet. I just do not believe the cost/sf is justified most of the time and would think that you could find a very nice deal in a more established building that does not have the future risks. It is impossible to understand what values will be in a few years. There just has been a huge over developement in this area. If the supple/demand is not in balance, prices will be flat or go down depending on the motivation level of the seller.
I have been unimpressed with the floor plan/layout of the Fordham, but have not seen any 3 bedrooms. I also do not work that much in the 1M price point so cannot comment beyond this.
Good Luck.