Home Buying in Millsboro>Question Details

Margaret, Home Buyer in Millsboro, DE

We are looking at a townhome in Bayshores, but are worried about the amt. of burgleries in the area. We are not that familier to the area, and want

Asked by Margaret, Millsboro, DE Fri Feb 25, 2011

to make sure that it is a nice community to live in. Any info, would be helpful, before we buy.

Answers

4
Ferd1942’s answer
I've lived in Bayshore for nearly eight years. The robberies were mostly attributed to a teenager whose family - dysfunctional, doncha know - moved out several months ago. There are no recent robberies that I know of.
It seems that burglaries are more common in vacation areas because many of the homes in vacation neighborhoods are vacant more days than they are occupied. In our area, people typically use their vacation homes in the warm 6 months of the year, not so much in the cooler winter months. Bayshores is a nice community and seems to have more year-round residents than summer people. Many people in our area have begun installing burglar alarm systems and creating neighborhood watch groups. I live about 3 miles from Bayshores in a neighborhood that is primarily vacation homes. If you would like further information about the area, or if you are interested in seeing some homes in Baywood, please contact me at myralee448@aol.com. I am a local real estate agent with Jack Lingo, Realtor, Inc.
I would check with the local police department for insight. If you are buying and in need of financing i can provide a report showing how the seller can pay your closing cost and get a reduced market rate.

Steve Morgan
302-541-5363
http://www.steve-morgan.com
When it comes to any safety concerns, your best source of accurate and up to the minute information are the local authorities; consider a visit/call and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Millsboro-Delaware.html