Home Buying in North Port>Question Details

Zoe Sharrona, Home Buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

We are looking at SW Florida, hopefully not too far from Sarasota. We have some specific preferences. I am interested in zeroing in on the best areas

Asked by Zoe Sharrona, Fort Lauderdale, FL Fri Nov 11, 2011

Our budget is $100K to $160K and we would like a single story, with pool (prefer heated), and over-sized lot. Privacy is important. Three bedrooms and two baths. Prefer built since 2000. We like a rural/suburban feel with lots of green. We are thinking North Port. Is this our best bet?

Answers

10
Barrie’s answer
Hello Sharon:

You have already received some very good answers to your inquiry, and it seems you have already formed opinions on many of the important issues that will make your home hunt easier. We suggest you make a few more preparations before actually putting more time and your feet on our ground. Take this list into your considerations: http://members.houselogic.com/articles/8-tips-finding-your-n… . Then choose a realtor you feel will help (and not hinder) your quest. If they listen, take notes, and research with Your needs and wishes foremost, it will most likely be an exciting and successful venture for you.

We live in North Port, and will be happy meet and greet you!

Barrie White, Realtor®/Consultant/SFR/CDPE
RE/MAX Palm Realty Inc.
Barrie@GetItDoneTeam.net
Phone: 941.628.6344
Fax: 941.429.8779
http://MyFloridaHomesMLS.com/BarrieWhite
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 13, 2011
Hi Sharron,

You have received some good answers already.
One primary thing to keep in mind when considering where to buy is your lifestyle outside of the home.
Do you like going to the beach, nearby golf, boating and fishing, or easy access to shopping?
Many areas give you several of those options within easy reach, but some are closer than others.
North Port has most of those, but not the beach. A beach town costs more, so if that is not important, then North Port could be a good choice.
I like to help someone coming to the area think through the lifestyle component before we begin to focus on houses. You can read my testimonials on the profile page.
The location is of prime importance, the rest is details!
All the Best!
Jim Sweat
941-306-7384
Hi Shronwriter:

I wouldn't just limit your self to North Port. There are a lot of nice areas around in that price range. Here is a list of the newest listings in North Port to get started with http://www.sarasotaone.com/sarasota-county-homes/north-port-homes/ . You will also see some other pre-defined searches that might be of interest on the side bars of that page. My site has all Sarasota county listings from all brokers including foreclosures and other distress properties here http://www.sarasotaone.com/search/advanced_search/ . You can save as many searches as you like. The nice thing is that you will received daily updates of new listings and price changes based on what you are looking for. There is never any obligation to buy and you can cancel any time. Take a look...I hope this helps and good luck with your home search.

John Woodward, CRS, GRI, SFR
Broker/Owner
Sarasota Real Estate Group
941-922-8400
Hello
I happen to have a bank owned property going on the market soon in North Port which may exactly fit your needs. 4 bedrooms 3 baths with caged pool in a very nice area. Contact me directly and I can give you the details. You would need to be pre-approved for a loan or proof of funds if a cash purchase. 30 days or less closing time.

Faye Doyle, LLC
GRI: Graduate Real Estate Institute
CDPE: Certified Distressed Property Expert
ABR: Accredited Buyer's Representative
WCR: Woman's Council of Realtors
TRC: Transnational Referral Certification
e-PRO®: Certification Internet Professionalism
Coldwell Banker Downtown
100 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236
Fax: 941-364-8740
Email: fayedoylellc@gmail.com
Website: http://www.FayeDoyle.com
Hello Sharon,

I disagree with the other agents who have responded. North Porth is going to take a long time to recover from the economic hit, and I do not think North Porth is a smart choice. There are too many properties east of 75 in Sarasota and Bradenton that seem to be a smarter choice, and if you are willing to wait for a short sale or a bank property, would be a much better sound investment. There are properties with at least an acre in Myakka Valley Ranches and Mill Creek that could be great deals. With this economy, and all of the bank owned properties, you can get a 200k property for 150k. I hope this helps. Good luck in your search.

Kindest Regards,

Thomas

thomas.atchleyint@gmail.com
Our agency is located right off of Toledo Blade Blvd which is in North Port. I used to live in North Port and sell homes there on a regular basis. Following is some basic information on North Port. I would be happy to send you some listings and help you find a home.

North Port, Florida is located in the southernmost part of Sarasota County. It is midway between Sarasota to the north and Ft Myers to the south. At 103 square miles, North Port is the second largest city in Florida in land size, but it still retains the friendliness and convenience of a small town since it is only 18% developed. Streets were laid out with many cul-de-sacs and U-shaped sections to minimize traffic in residential neighborhoods.

Most areas in North Port are referred to by the larger street they run off of. For instance the area near Chamberlain Blvd is referred to as the Chamberlain area. The area between Sumter Blvd and Toledo Blade Blvd is pretty popular. Sumter and Toledo Blade both run out to I-75, which make it a great area for commuters. It's also a bit more populated in this area.

There are very few flood zones in North Port. The main one runs right along the Myakkahatchee River NW of Sumter Blvd.

The section off of South Biscayne Blvd is the original area of North Port and many of the homes are the small block style homes built in the 1960's.

The next area to be built in NP was off of Salford Blvd. Many of the homes off of that area were built in the 1980's and early 1990's.

The rest of NP is fairly new with homes being built in the 2000's or newer.

NP is located about 25 minutes from the beaches. They have a Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart, several restaurants, gas stations, Walgreens, Publix and Winn Dixie grocery stores, etc. For any other shopping or the bigger chain restaurants people go to Port Charlotte about 10 minutes away. Then Sarasota is 30 minutes or so depending on where you're going.

Feel free to search our web page for listings of interest.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, http://www.greenlionrealty.com
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
Hi Sharon!

I agree with the other agents who have responded to your inquiry - North Port would most likely be the ideal place to match your criteria. As a matter of fact, I showed a property just the other day that could be a definite match! Here's how to find it - click on my website - http://www.BuyAndSellVenice.com - then enter the following MLS number A3944887. It might take a few seconds to come up, but you'll see it appear on the left. Click on the photo and you'll get more info. Hope that helps.

Vickie Hinkle
Broker Associate
Prudential Florida Realty
941-716-1208
vlhinkle@gmail.com

I live in North Port and I think that North Port would be a good fit for you based on your criteria. I would be happy to send you some specific home listings so that you can see exactly what is available. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Anne Kyer, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Sunstar Realty, Inc.
941-627-8128

Anne.Kyer@ColdwellBankerFlorida.com
North Port Is a good choice for the qualities you are looking for and the price point. Make sure to work with a Realtor that nows the area. If you need a recomendation give me a call. When you find a property let me know the address and I will happily provide you with an insurance quote.

Good Luck

Christopher Lyon
We Insure Florida, Inc
Venice FL
941-412-1511
Sharon,
North Port is certainly a good idea and very doable. Once we start physically start looking aat properties and areas, then you can decide if North Port is for you.
Feel free to call or email me to get started.
Genevieve Ramachandran