Home Buying in Woodbridge>Question Details

Eva Torres, Other/Just Looking in Alexandria, VA

We are interested in selling our home built in 2010 to relocate South. We would like to know comparables in our community. Is it a sellers market?

Asked by Eva Torres, Alexandria, VA Tue Jan 22, 2013

Answers

9
Hi Eva, Would be happy to provide you with a market analysis for your property. In order to provide you with an accurate value of your home we will need: the property address, any upgrades or enhancements to the property since purchased, number of bedrooms and baths, # of levels, year built, garage? and basement type(if any).
There are many communities and neighborhoods that could be considered a "Sellers Market" currently. Property Location, Value, Current Inventory in area, are also factors that will help provide you a clearer picture on your home.
Please feel free to give me a call with the information needed to provide an accurate analysis, or if you would prefer, we can set an appointment to meet. I can be reached at 703/609-8232
Valerie Nordstrom
RE/MAX Allegiance
http://www.NordstromRealEstate.com web
Nordstrom4Homes@verizon.net email
Dear Eva,

If your home was built in 2010, you should have equity because the housing market increased in Northern Virginia significantly last year! I would say that the market is leaning towards a Seller's market in Northern Virginia but still a Buyer's market in central and southern Virginia.

If you let me know your exact location, I will be happy to supply you with a comparable market analysis of your home. Also, if you know the area in which you wish to relocate, I can also provide you with listings in that area.

Please contact me at Janet@JanetLange.com or 571-722-4348.

Most sincerely,

Janet Lange
Avery-Hess, REALTORS
You are thinking of selling your home at a great time. The Spring is a popular time for buyers and you will see over the next couple of months, inventory increasing. If you would like information about your area let me know I would be happy to send you comparables.
Congratulations on your move South. This time of year always makes me consider that option as well.

Misty Mount
Long and Foster
540 903 6686
Hi Eva!

I hope this email finds you and your family well. The great news about living and / or relocating from an area such as Northern VA is that you are in a healthy market and as such, you have options. This is a great time for Sellers as inventory levels are at a muli-year low and as such demand is up driving average prices up which benefir you as the Seller and your community values. It is also a great time for buyers as financing programs / rates are very attractive w/ solid programming creating a high population of buyers. It is also a great time for home owners to rent allowing to continue to build equity in your portfolio.

Please do not hesitate to reach out should you wish to discuss in further detail. We are here to help.

Always a pleasure!
There is limited inventory in general and even specifically in the area of your property. We can assist with your process to determine if you should sell or not.
Hi Eva -
With temps like this, who wouldn't want to head south!! Yes, with the supply of homes so low, we're definitely in a seller's market. Escalation clauses are coming back for great properties and you can sometimes take your pick of offers.

I would be glad to discuss options with you. Because supply of homes is so low, the rental market is also on a tear. So, if you don't absolutely have to sell your house, you may want to consider renting for a couple years and enjoy some (likely) additional price appreciation before you sell.

Please let me know if you would like me to help you. Cheers!

Vern McHargue
Long & Foster
703-626-3188
Eva:

Yes, 2013 will be a great year for sellers as the housing prices have appreciated over the course of past few years. I work closely with my seller clients to get them the net they are targeting with a 98% success rate where my listings go under contract within 30 days.

Please feel free to give me a call to discuss your relocation plans and I would be happy to run the comparables and do a market analysis in your neighborhood.

Looking forward to hearing from you and being of service!!

Faiza Alvi - Realtor®
Prince William Realty, Inc.
703-389-7973 (Direct)
703-580-9995 (Fax)
http://www.house2homeva.com
MILLION DOLLAR CLUB - PWAR 2011

I believe:
Real Estate is about building relationships
& serving clients with honesty, integrity & passion.
I would be happy to provide you comps but would need to know your address to do that......

see my website at http://www.SheriGreatFalls.com to see how I use quality photographer to market homes.....

Sheri Daniel

703 489 2656
I would be happy to review the comps with you and discuss the market conditions specific to your community, and also about moving further south. Give me a call at 540-840-7264 or email me at lisafrensley@mris.com so I can get a bit more information from you to provide you with the information you need.